Low budget rifle help please

brooksee

Hello, Im new to air rifles and parents have just moved into a house with lots of land and a big pigeon/rabbit problem.

So my question is for a budget of around £100 what rifle could you say i should go for (that is if there is much difference between them at these prices??). Im not looking for anything great as if this gets me into it i might then purchase a better one but if it dont it will just end up in the shed, so just looking for cheap for now?

These are some i have been looking at

Hatsan m60 £95 - good power an cheap

SMK 19 £120

SMK B2 - prob not so powerful

SMK xs36 £120

Gamo cf-20 £130 - bit out of price range

Rat catcher £130

I know they are all real low budget an you get what you pay but if anyone has any experience or advice on these or any others would be great.

Thanks

I'd keep on the look out for a second hand rifle, there are always good deals to be had on here.

And keep saving your pennies!

:whistling::good:

I would save as much money as you can, and get something of better quality. All of the rifles you list aren't really anything special.

Look for a second hand weirauch springer to get you started, you wont go wrong then :oops:

Thanks for the advice guys,

I will take your advice an wait for a decent second hand air rifle, i would prob enjoy shooting more, as you say the air guns i was looking at were quite poor?

You think i should find a decent second hand riffle aroud the £150 price ??

Any ideas on what i should prob look out for?

Thanks again :good:

I know it is a bit more than £150 but I managed to get a second hand weilrauch 77k springer with scope, slip, tin of 500 pellets and a knife for £220 from my local gun shop. It was advertised for £240 for the gun and scope but managed to get abit of a deal on it. It would be worth looking in your local gun shops and asking them what they have in your price bracket. After I bought it I bought a sling for it as it was a bit of a pain to carry it without one but that only cost me £10 or so.

were are you located i have three air rifles

BSA LIGHTNING XL 22 (mine)

COMETA FENIX CARBINE 22 (the wifes)

SMK SX19 JUNIOR 177 (my sons)

if you local to me im more than happy to bring all three for you to try...might help you to make your mind up

Thanks for the offer BSA-airgunner, its a shame i live in Hertfordshire? I seen a Weihrauch HW 35 an 95 but im thinking about a bsa lighting?

were are you located i have three air rifles

BSA LIGHTNING XL 22 (mine)

COMETA FENIX CARBINE 22 (the wifes)

SMK SX19 JUNIOR 177 (my sons)

if you local to me im more than happy to bring all three for you to try...might help you to make your mind up

shame there are not more people like you in the world, what a wonderful offer!

how about the one below, i thought that was quite reasonable.

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/100612103121000

Edited by Dempy

definatly take heed of the lads all those guns are pants in my opinion you can get a nice second hand springer for £150 mark much much better bet for you mate

Hiya, Totally agree with the above advice...forget the "cheaper" end of the market....I bought an HW90K with a very good scope...3x9x40 Optima Moonlighter, with a Theoben silencer and Bisley Sling from my mate for £200...complete with the pump...a fantastic second hand deal...and later bought a HW80 from another mate for £50,,...needed some TLC tho, but fires great..:good:

Good luck in your hunt..:look:

This is tricky and everyone has to start somewhere, but a certain level of respect for the quarry is also required.

Save a bit more, invest in a better rifle as others have suggested, the difference really is noticeable compared to the low cost end of the the market, which are really designed for a bit of back yard plinking, not serious quarry!

ATB!

Edited by Dekers