extract

carlosdesilva

Is there just one Marmite factory ?I just wondered if supermarket own brand yeast exract was made in the same place,cant see it viable to have loads of yeast extract factorys,it all tastes near enough the same.I seem to recall that its a by product from getting starch from maize,i know i went to a big refinery at Tilbury docks to get corn steep liqour and in there reception there was all the packaging of the products this starch went into and im sure marmite was mentioned.

Its a by-product of the brewing industry (waste yeast), their factory is next to a brewery (cant remember which one) and its made by Unilever so I doubt they produce the cheaper stuff. All you need it dark ale yeast so most yeast-extracts will taste the same!

Edited by agusta

Its a by-product of the brewing industry (waste yeast), their factory is next to a brewery (cant remember which one) and its made by Unilever so I doubt they produce the cheaper stuff. All you need it dark ale yeast so most yeast-extracts will taste the same!

It is as near to Marstons brewery as you can get, and is made in Burton, not sure about the cheap stuff though.

Did you know, 1 out of every 8 pints drunk in Britain is brewed in Burton?