Pigeon Traps

new to the flock

First off be sure to wire in a watering can. If you run a trap 18 inches wide by 24 inches long you should be able to hold 12 to 16 birds at a time. When you empty the trap be sure to leave one in the trap as a decoy bird. Bait the trap with corn or grain spread a little outside the door and lots inside the trap.

NTTF

mossy:

That pic is in the sheltered area between the barns.....picked up around 6 inches last night with more on the way tonight. Boys had a snow day from school today because of it. Was really nasty looking around 6 am then it tappered off and turned into a reall nice day. As a mater of fact the boys just got inside from playing in the white **** lol

NTTF

Thanks NTTF,

So the W door fold in but not out, that sounds easy enough, what sort of weight wire is that ?

Looks good and worth a try, should I bait an area first and then add the trap a few days later or go straight in with the trap ?

Is the watering can reference just so the birds have access to water ?

Many thanks for helping me out with this job.

cheers

AndyCM

Thanks NTTF,

So the W door fold in but not out, that sounds easy enough, what sort of weight wire is that ?

Looks good and worth a try, should I bait an area first and then add the trap a few days later or go straight in with the trap ?

Is the watering can reference just so the birds have access to water ?

Many thanks for helping me out with this job.

cheers

AndyCM

The door:

It is easiest to leave a line of wire squares at the bottom of the door opening, so the "w" hits it and will not open out. Most of the traps are made with wire having a 1 inch square, and can be of light guage. The "W" is made from a coat hanger.

I normally just drop the trap and spread some food without pre baiting.

Yes the water is just so that the birds have access to it for drinking.

NTTF