fox shooting

bignoel

i have noticed when shooting baited foxes that they behave strange for instances i was waiting on a large dog fox. he appears goes to baited area starts to feed BANG over he goes drops where he is not a stir secounds later a vixen appears she approahes the baited area where the dog fox lays on his side dead and being very carefull and weary of him has a sniff around him then all of a sudden its like she says sod ya and starts to feed next to his body BANG the two lay beside each other . now i shot a vixen with a cub beside her she dropped on the spot and the cub jumped back but then carreid on feeding BANG he dropped now they bled quite a bit leaveing blood on the ground so i removed them now the rest of the cubs approached the baited area with there blood on the ground had a sniff each but carried on feeding where they were each dispatched 1 at a time . now the animal sence's and all that malarky didnt seem to knick in and this has happend quite a few times the not so wiley fox heh.noel

Iv had it happen once or twice to me & we dont have urban foxes here. Mine was a december night lamping when we picked up a pair & shot 1 of them dead on the spot. The other had took off to a good safe distance Then ran out & winded the dead fox then came trotting in & we shot that dead woth rifle & no mods. Went out to look & they were side by side dead dog & vixen about 8-9yrs ago. Last year & iv had this happen a few times but with cubs mainly. I went out about september about 7-8 o clock & sat off a wood for roe . I was sat there & out came a pair of mature foxes with a smaller chassing a bigger 1 so i took the smaller & the other took off. I was going to give it time but after 1min out came the other & walked causously up to the first fox & i dropped it 10ft or so away fae the first it was dog & vixen i& i shot her first & i thought it was her. Iv shot a few foxes like this stalking but only 1 or had cubs nobother pop out within minutes of each other but its not that common with the mature foxes.