sealing a dusty concrete base

darren m

sealing concrete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lads --i recently made up a concrete base to put a dog run on for my springers, trouble is the surface is really dusty .

no matter how much i brush it off theres always a dusty covering .

SO is there anything i can use to paint on a concrete kennel base to seal it or reduce the dust coming off of it.

sealing concrete

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lads --i recently made up a concrete base to put a dog run on for my springers, trouble is the surface is really dusty .

SO is there anything i can use to paint on a concrete kennel base to seal it or reduce the dust coming off of it.

your right the mixture was a bit wet to say the least :good:

would thompsons water seal be any good or should i go look for a concrete sealant

thanks lads

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Hardwearing-Concre...70?source=123_4

Try something like this, if it were one of our customers, I would just go and buy a simalar product for them.

You have to remember in a kennel, the dogs will be peeing, so you need a good seal as the urine WILL eat away at the concrete over time.

Edited by Dempy

sealing concrete

Just done my garage floor with thompsons concrete floor sealer from B&Q it good stuff..:lol:

p.s If your going to paint it make sure you use sealer first as i found out to my cost... :good:

Edited by SHOOTANDFISH

sealing concrete

Just done my garage floor with thompsons concrete floor sealer from B&Q it good stuff... :lol:

p.s If your going to paint it make sure you use sealer first as i found out to my cost... :good:

Edited by SHOOTANDFISH

sealing a dusty concrete basesealing a dusty concrete base

sealing concrete

get some stabalizing soloution from a good trade paint shop, that will then seal the dusty surface, then you can paint over it with normal floor paint.

pegleg - its for out side use mate ,

shoot and fish -- does the floor seem less dusty with the thompsons on .

paint would look nice but i dont think it would be hard enough wearing

cheers lads

Hi, Yes my garage floor used to be dusty as hell when you swept it now there is no dust at all...it say on the tin you can use it indoors and out.... :)

i recently made up a concrete base to put a dog run on for my springers, trouble is the surface is really dusty .

I think the key word here is recently!

Just give it a few months, of weater, dog **** and etc and it it will be fine.

Like wise a few months, of weater, dog **** and etc on ANY of the above products will have washed/erroded them away to you will have wasted your money and time.

Edited by V8landy