Urban Fox Attack

THEY WONDER WHY THEY"RE ATTACKING CHILDREN

...When she's feeding them sat in her garden.

this programme is a revamp and has an update tagged on it..the couple have now stopped feeding the foxes,due to the the recent events involving the 2 children.

so it is an old view but,withe a new look on what people think of foxes after the attacks..

Wow... there's a safe backstop if i've ever seen one :good:

that is a very safe backstop for the shots,notice the ground was wet/angle of shot was spot on and the guy has many years of experience shooting urban foxes.

we can only see through a camera lens,he can see far more and better than we can.

he put shooters in a good light,so don`t knock it.

al

this programme is a revamp and has an update tagged on it..the couple have now stopped feeding the foxes,due to the the recent events involving the 2 children.

so it is an old view but,withe a new look on what people think of foxes after the attacks..

that is a very safe backstop for the shots,notice the ground was wet/angle of shot was spot on and the guy has many years of experience shooting urban foxes.

we can only see through a camera lens,he can see far more and better than we can.

he put shooters in a good light,so don`t knock it.

al

After rewinding the video, I'm going back on my backstop view. It actually was acceptable.

I watched and thought it was "fair" and "Balanced" and showed both sides of the argument in a reasonable way!

The main points that stood out to me were:

The "Fox Controller" who said that they "culled" well over 20 (I think the number was 28) foxes in just one location in one night - This must say something about the fox population in that area! (Before anyone starts he appeared to know what he was doing and was a fair shot and he chose a position that offered a reasonably safe backstop) He also said that there are many more fox attacks on people but they don't come into the public eye because they do not get reported - I am inclined to believe him!

There seemed to be quite a lot more foxes running around the streets in Hackney than some people might have realised, I personally believe that the problem is very similar nationwide. It is simply a case that many of the "townies" do not know what they are looking for or are too afraid to go out after dark to see the foxes running about the streets and gardens in case they get mugged by chavs needing money for more "Special Brew or White Lightening" or by a group of "Furry Friend Huggers" trying to top up their income support money so they can go out and buy some more cream cakes for the poor little foxes.

What about the couple that put food out every night to video the foxes eating and mating (That part seemed to liven the both of them up), well what can you say - At least they have stopped now and taken up bird watching (Oh dear, what about the pigeon problem if they start feeding them)? One question that needs to be addressed here is that of "Inbreeding"! They clearly identified the two foxes that were mating in their garden ad a mother and son - If this is happening (And there is no reason to think it is not0 then what about the problems of inbred foxes, how will that effect their mental balance, will we end up with a pack of Zombie Town Foxes that will attack on sight? (I know that is a bit of an exageration but I think you will understand what I am talking about)

I think that the most "interesting" couple(?) on the program was the two Zee Zee Tops Lookalikes (Or was it Chas and Dave travelling incognito) that "rescue" and care for the poor hard done by foxes. If they are going to continue trying to domesticate foxes and training the foxes to "Sit" and do other party tricks like a dog then we are almost certainly going to see lots more attacks on children and adults alike in that area, particularly from those who do not understand that foxes are wild and (potentially) dangerous animals. As for cuddling a fox and having it's smelly gnashers that close to his face (Could a fox pass on mange to a Zee Zee Tops Lookalike - please someone say yes?) it beggars belief! It's a shame that fox didn't turn round and give him a "little love" bite while on camera!

They did mention that many councils used to have people that would go out and shoot foxes for them but it was not "cost effective". I am more than sure that if asked there would be no end of voulenteers from this forum with a lot of experience and the correct insurance that would be willing to do that job for the councils. It was also mentioned about the way that "nature" can step in and control the wild animals when they start to overpopulate an area like it did with the Town Foxes of Bristol (Clifton Area) Mange wiped out around 90% of those foxes. This is all well and good but mange is very indescriminate and will quickly effect domestic pets like dogs and cats.

One of my beggest concerns with the ever growing population of "town foxes" is if Rabies was ever to get onto this country, and let's face it we have opened the gate for it via the Channel Tunnel. If Rabies did get into Britain I believe that Foxes (In particular Town Foxes) would be the main culprits for the spread of Rabies! I wonder what the "Furry friend Huggers" would have to say about that?:rolleyes:???

These are just a few of my thoughts but I'll wager a bet that there are quite a lot of you out there that agree with me!

After rewinding the video, I'm going back on my backstop view. It actually was acceptable.

to be fair to you billy,i have seen it before and had prior knowledge(so no need to rewind for me) of this programme and it can look decieving through a camera lens,as it happened quite quickly.

did anyone else notice the 2 zz top blokes(as frenchie calls them) with that fox on the pavement,that had been run over and did i hear correctly that ,the RSPCA had given it an injection to put it out of it`s misery as it was in such poor shape,after being hit by a car.

the thing i heard them say...was that the RSPCA left it there after injecting it..seems strange to do this,as the RSPCA would have seen the programme and would have defended themselves somehow i suspect. :rolleyes:

good programme and shown a before and after view on foxes but,it is a shame that the views had to be changed at the expense of 2 children.

al

Edited by albob

That is exaxtly what I heard them say mate! They said the RSPCA left it there after giving it a Lethal Injection to stop it's suffering. Surely if the RSPCA gave it the injection they would have removed it for incineration rather than leaving it there on the pavement!

When I watched it I was a bit unsure about the firing of the .22 in that garden? He did have a pretty sound angle of fire and the lawn was probably soft but those houses (quite close) in the background did make me feel uncomfortable.

As others have said above though the chap seemed to know his stuff and obviously does quite a lot of it. I'm not really experienced in urban shooting so can't say either way, but I'm not sure I'd want to take that shot with houses that close behind the target. He hit them well though and both went down, lights out with next to no kicking. I think it set a good picture of how humane shooting actually is, especially when it was directly compared to the poor little Fox sitting in that cage trap. Even I felt sorry for it! I've put a bullet to quite a few trapped Foxes and it always makes me sad to see the way they look at me as I pull the trigger.

No matter how much damage they can cause I can never bring myself to hate them. I will shoot them if they're causing a problem but I actually think they are very smart and really respect them for it.