Tip for starter motor problems

955i

Hi all, some may already know of these but I have been having problems with the starter motor on the Disco and was a bit reluctant to pay £150 for a new one.

After searching about on eBay a bit I came across a company called repairkituk who do replacement starter motor plungers and connectors for a range of vehicles at the princely cost of £9.95.

Spoke to the owner and he said he had been doing starter motors for 25 years and that 99% of the time it was nothing more than these parts wearing out.

So, an hour taking the unit off, 20 minutes fitting the new connectors and 30 minutes re-fitting and the Disco works like a dream again (well, as much as a Landie will) saving me £140.00 :rolleyes: .

Thought it was worth mentioning on here as it could save people a fair few sheckles ;)

Edited by 955i

That is GOOD. Do you know if they do water pump repair kits. Spose I had better check their web site.

I need one for a Bosch washing machine. £35 just for the call out, to tell me my pump is shagged, which I already know.

I think they only do starter motors for vehicles, at least that is all that is on their site.

I think they only do starter motors for vehicles, at least that is all that is on their site.

Hi mate.

Just done a google serch for that company but had no joy ,dont surpose you can put up 1 of those clicky thingys, or point me in the right direction,

Cheers Chubbs.

Hi all, some may already know of these but I have been having problems with the starter motor on the Disco and was a bit reluctant to pay £150 for a new one.

After searching about on eBay a bit I came across a company called repairkituk who do replacement starter motor plungers and connectors for a range of vehicles at the princely cost of £9.95.

Spoke to the owner and he said he had been doing starter motors for 25 years and that 99% of the time it was nothing more than these parts wearing out.

So, an hour taking the unit off, 20 minutes fitting the new connectors and 30 minutes re-fitting and the Disco works like a dream again (well, as much as a Landie will) saving me £140.00 :yp: .

Thought it was worth mentioning on here as it could save people a fair few sheckles B)

A man after my own heart, thanks for that tip :lol::oops: