few more crows

Teal

Found some late cut maize, put out 4 standard plastic crow decoys a pigeon on an improvised floater, and two dead birds from the freezer (which had seen better days!). Saw about 8 pigeons all day, and remarkably shot all 5 which came into shootable range. Pulled off a couple of stonking shots on crows, for me caledonian 5's are the business, bit pricey but they sure work!! Used spruce branches to make a low hide, sufficient that with headnet my head was above the top, crouched on sight of crows. Sat on plastic box, weather was that mild I put my jacket on the box and sat on it. Earlyish start as it was getting light, 7.30, packed up before lunch.

Useful tip, when you have shot some crows bring them back to hide (i used jackdaws as they throw better) break both wings. When you see a crow in the distance yell "aaaaaargh arrrrgh" at it, (try and sound roughly like a crow)- to get it's attention, then lob jackdaw into the pattern, the crow in the distance will set its wings and come in. Worked everytime. Ended up with 47 of the brutes, (some fell in thick spruce cover behind and were not retrieved) I also shot 2 rabbits and a rat on the way back to the car photo was taken the next day and pigeons were plucked and rabbits skinned hence not picture.

crow1.jpg

When you see a crow in the distance yell "aaaaaargh arrrrgh" at it, (try and sound roughly like a crow)- to get it's attention

I have got a vision of Teal doing this now :lol:

I suppose you need to be there to see the full effect though.

Teal..........The Birdman of PW :):lol: