numpty question

I have yet to get a difinitive answer to this one so heres hoping its here (probably already been done).

Example. A 30g load of no.6 and a 32g load of no.6. in 12g. Does the the 32g load have more:

1) shot

2) powder

3) both.

Does case length have any bearing on the above?

A mate and I were chatting about it at the weekend and whilst we had seen lots of information on this topic, niether of us new the answer!!

Guest topshot_2k

powder and cartridge length will vary depending on manufacturer. Some 32g will be 65/67mm some 70mm same with 30g etc

32g of #6 will contain more shot than 30g #6 :yes::sneaky2:

Edited by topshot_2k

don't forget there are different types of powder with differing burn rates :sneaky2: hence the reason why some costly clay carts can push along at near 1450 fps and have less felt recoil than cheapos at 1350fps, both pushing 28 grams :yes:

Edited by Paul223

I have yet to get a difinitive answer to this one so heres hoping its here (probably already been done).

Example. A 30g load of no.6 and a 32g load of no.6. in 12g. Does the the 32g load have more:

1) shot

2) powder

3) both.

Does case length have any bearing on the above?

A mate and I were chatting about it at the weekend and whilst we had seen lots of information on this topic, niether of us new the answer!!

A cartridge containing 32gm of shot will have more than a cartridge containing 30gm of shot. 6's are the size of shot in the cartridge and as for the powder well i think it's measured in oz's, like a 1oz load for example... :yes:

Edited by Guest

A cartridge containing 32gm of shot will have more than a cartridge containing 30gm of shot. 6's are the size of shot in the cartridge and as for the powder well i think it's measured in oz's, like a 1oz load for example... :shifty:

:yes: that is referring to the weigh of shot, in imperial measurement, 1 oz (ounce) is 28 grams (ish), so a one ounce load is the same as a 28 gram load :sneaky2:

:yes: that is referring to the weigh of shot, in imperial measurement, 1 oz (ounce) is 28 grams (ish), so a one ounce load is the same as a 28 gram load :sneaky2:

You live and learn! :shifty:

A cartridge containing 32gm of shot will have more than a cartridge containing 30gm of shot. 6's are the size of shot in the cartridge and as for the powder well i think it's measured in oz's, like a 1oz load for example... :sneaky2:

An oz of powder would go with a boom!

Live and learn eh :yes: