sea fishing first time

BSA-airgunner

i had a morning down at brighton yesterday with lucky_shot (mark) just thrashing the mackerel feathers and we ended up with 20 between us great fun and the sun was out to....got chatting to a fella (neil ) who knows his stuff............so we are going back there monday for another bash....

when i got home i cooked up some of the maccies on the BBQ. nice and simple olive oil lemon juice and a grind of black pepper OOOOOOOOOOOO MAN what have i been missing out on............

Edited by BSA-airgunner

I used to love my Sea Fishing but now we live too far from the coast for it to be practical. I always remember the time I had a camping holiday up in Scotland. I had a tent pitched along the side of Loch Long at Arrochar (Sp) when a few bikers stopped for the evening while I was "Mackerel Bashing". We got a Primus and a frying pan out and were cooking the Mackerel as I was catching them. You just could not get them any fresher than that. It was an evening to remember as a couple of them went and got a few cans and bottles and even though we were total strangers when wew met we spent the evening and night in each others company and ended up as great friends.

It was an evening to remember as a couple of them went and got a few cans and bottles and even though we were total strangers when we met we spent the evening and night in each others company and ended up as great boyfriends.

It's a friendly place Scotland.

• 4 weeks later...
It's a friendly place Scotland.

I will second that!

It's also one HELL of a pollock mark. I last fished in Kircudbright at the back of Borg and had a HELL of a day spinning. Must have landed 20+ pollock and ALL were around 1.5 to 2 pound in weight.

Friend of mine went for the Doggies in the craggy rocks and had a good day too.

The cows were friendly with my car too they knocked the wing mirror off and snapped the ariel :good: