Cloybank Estate

hopkins569

Any one been up here yet thinking about taking the logun up here to zero it in as ive not really had the time yet they charge £20 for an hour of target shooting includes rifle and 250 pellets for £20 or £35 for 2 hours and 500 pellets. I've emailed them for a price if i bring my own which they allow so ill post info when i get it.

http://cloybank.arm-it.co.uk/shooting/air-gun-shooting.html

So for access to the under cover range shooting outdoor £8 for the first hour and £5 per hour there eafter. Not sure if this is good value but ill be going up to give it a go anyway. John, the gent I just spoke to says they have spinning tagrets, knockdowns and a rail system as well targets range up to 100ft so should be ideal for zeroing in the logun.

Edited by hopkins569

So for access to the under cover range shooting outdoor £8 for the first hour and £5 per hour there eafter. Not sure if this is good value but ill be going up to give it a go anyway. John, the gent I just spoke to says they have spinning tagrets, knockdowns and a rail system as well targets range up to 100ft so should be ideal for zeroing in the logun.

Hiya, Sent a PM re Cloybank...That must have been Logie you talked to, tell him you know me...:yes:

It's a Commercial Set Up -

So expect Legally they must have someone Assisting......

My Club use a Corperate Clay Ground - Which has Noise restrictions - so We use their Ranges

Where they Charge £40.00 for 20 Clays and Shots and instruction - outside

BOB/R

Hiya, Just realised, it could have been John the owner!! D'oh!!!! :unsure: I cant remember if I told you, but they do laser clays too, with or without sound...:hmm:

What time you going up??? Might be around Sat afternoon, shooting near the estate...:welcomeani:

Hiya, Just realised, it could have been John the owner!! D'oh!!!! :unsure: I cant remember if I told you, but they do laser clays too, with or without sound...:welcomeani:

What time you going up??? Might be around Sat afternoon, shooting near the estate...:)

Think I'll be going up between 12 and 2 after work migth c u there :hmm:

OK Been up twice now so thought I would do a quick write up.

Went over on Saturday Morning and met up with John the owner he explained the set up and said he had a couple who were coming up shortly to the range as well. He pointed to a little track and said follow that till the roundabout and just help yourself to the range ill be up shortly. So I signed the standard disclaimer and declaration form and headed up the track he pointed to crossing the little burn on the way up the hill. And found the under cover shooting area.

post-9313-1280825627.jpg

So I set up the logun and started plinking away the scope wasn’t miles away so started zeroing in and before long I was getting it on target no problem still not 100% happy with the scope though. The couple that were coming up appeared with John who gave them the safety speech showed them how it all works and we all continued shooting for the next hour and a half.

post-9313-1280825846.jpg

After a 2 hour stint I had to go did have time to stop in to the litlle cafe and grab a bite to eat though. :good:

I went back up again on Monday (yesterday) with a mate this time. We pulled up at the estate office and headed for the reception where a young lady informed me that we needed to pre-book for the rifle range. I asked if John was around as I hadn’t booked on the Saturday (thought great I do have to book I only got on Saturday because that other couple were on at the same time). So into the coffee shop I went a quick hello to John and he said on you go just pop in to reception sign the paperwork and on you go see you when you get back. :good:

post-9313-1280826212.jpg

After another hour the Logun had emptied itself of air so I moved onto the old QB78 still fantastic little rifle managed to get the target no problem at the full length of the range. John had informed me on the Saturday that he could fill my buddy bottle for me but on the way out he was in a meeting so I'll get him to fill it next time im up which wont be long as I had 2 great days up at the estate.

post-9313-1280826665.jpg

The estate also has 2 fishing ponds a golf driving range and a putting green check all the facilities out here http://cloybank.arm-it.co.uk/

If anyone does go up say Thomas recommended it to you as he likes to know how folk heard about the place.

OK Been up twice now so thought I would do a quick write up.

Went over on Saturday Morning and met up with John the owner he explained the set up and said he had a couple who were coming up shortly to the range as well. He pointed to a little track and said follow that till the roundabout and just help yourself to the range ill be up shortly. So I signed the standard disclaimer and declaration form and headed up the track he pointed to crossing the little burn on the way up the hill. And found the under cover shooting area.

post-9313-1280825627.jpg

So I set up the logun and started plinking away the scope wasn’t miles away so started zeroing in and before long I was getting it on target no problem still not 100% happy with the scope though. The couple that were coming up appeared with John who gave them the safety speech showed them how it all works and we all continued shooting for the next hour and a half.

post-9313-1280825846.jpg

After a 2 hour stint I had to go did have time to stop in to the litlle cafe and grab a bite to eat though. :blink:

I went back up again on Monday (yesterday) with a mate this time. We pulled up at the estate office and headed for the reception where a young lady informed me that we needed to pre-book for the rifle range. I asked if John was around as I hadn’t booked on the Saturday (thought great I do have to book I only got on Saturday because that other couple were on at the same time). So into the coffee shop I went a quick hello to John and he said on you go just pop in to reception sign the paperwork and on you go see you when you get back. :unsure:

post-9313-1280826212.jpg

After another hour the Logun had emptied itself of air so I moved onto the old QB78 still fantastic little rifle managed to get the target no problem at the full length of the range. John had informed me on the Saturday that he could fill my buddy bottle for me but on the way out he was in a meeting so I'll get him to fill it next time im up which wont be long as I had 2 great days up at the estate.

post-9313-1280826665.jpg

The estate also has 2 fishing ponds a golf driving range and a putting green check all the facilities out here http://cloybank.arm-it.co.uk/

If anyone does go up say Thomas recommended it to you as he likes to know how folk heard about the place.

Me and Martins definetly coming up there for a special treat

Hiya, Really glad you had a good day up at Cloybank... It's a good setup...:huh:, Def the best in the area, thats for sure....:huh:

The hills to the front, and to the right of the range...are part of one of my permissions...geez a PM some time, and I'll take you a wander round it...:huh: With yer gun of course...:blink:

What time is Cloybank open until? I've tried emailing and calling but no answer and my email got kicked back. I looked on their website but could not see opening times.

Cheers

I think they're open after work maybe till about 7 or so ill prob be back up at the weekend again as my girl wants to go up so i'll ask then if you find out first let me know.

The hills to the front, and to the right of the range...are part of one of my permissions...geez a PM some time, and I'll take you a wander round it...:shoot: With yer gun of course...:good:

Who is the person you got the permission off? Just wondering...

Lewis

I think they're open after work maybe till about 7 or so ill prob be back up at the weekend again as my girl wants to go up so i'll ask then if you find out first let me know.

I managed to get through on the phone this morning, and spoke to what sounded like a young girl.

Question 1; What time are you open until? Answer 430pm this week. Ok, what time are you normally open until? Answer Hmm I'm not sure but I think its a bit later than 430.

Question 2; Do you have clay shooting facilities as I saw on your website you do. Answer Erm, I think that stopped last year.

Question 3; I tried emailing the address on your website, Girl, What address was it, Me, erm the one on your website, Girl oh that doesnt really work?:good:

Me, thanks for your help, I think I'll head over North Ayrshire instead, Girl OK glad I could be of help....................

My Dad and family own most of the land around Cloybank the back of the Skirlie and Auchencloch,

I was wondering who gave you permission to shoot there?

Cheer's

Lewis

Hi Lewis...maybe most of it....but, not all of it mate.....theres are farms up there too....:good: I dont shoot anywhere near the Skirlie...(thank Gawd)

I've got permissions all along the Braeface Road, starting at the back of Cloybank, (which can easily be seen from there)... and ending up almost in Denny......NOT the old chicken farm tho..??? and up the Myot road too...:blink::blink: yer welcome to tag along one day if you like mate...:blink:

BTW, I'm (hopefully) going to be looking for a lab ( fairly) soon....can I mibbes pick yer brains sometime about them..:good:

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Aye Tam :P how the wee lab getting on :good:?

Cheer's Norrie, You dont live in kelvinhead by anychance do you? - i will PM you.

Cheer's

No Lewis...I think you're getting me mixed up with another mate of mine..the ugly one...:yes: .Big Tam...NOT the one from BB...got yer pm, thanks for that....and will (eventually) take you up on your very kind offer...I do appreciate it...:P

Here, just had a thought, should I set up an invoice for John at Cloybank ?...what with all this free advertising an all.... :good:

Edited by Norrie

I managed to get through on the phone this morning, and spoke to what sounded like a young girl.

Question 1; What time are you open until? Answer 430pm this week. Ok, what time are you normally open until? Answer Hmm I'm not sure but I think its a bit later than 430.

Question 2; Do you have clay shooting facilities as I saw on your website you do. Answer Erm, I think that stopped last year.

Question 3; I tried emailing the address on your website, Girl, What address was it, Me, erm the one on your website, Girl oh that doesnt really work?:good:

Me, thanks for your help, I think I'll head over North Ayrshire instead, Girl OK glad I could be of help....................

Been up to cloybank a few times over the past couple of months. It is a really good set up there and the guy that owns it is very helpfull. As far as he told me the range is open from 8,30 in the morning till 8 at night. They dont do clays any more fro safety reasons and i have not had any probs with emails. If i was you i would call there office and ask to speak to john the owner he will keep you right.