Good News Everyone!!!

Guess what was in the post today........My FAC back from its variation :good::hmm::rolleyes::good::oops::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: what's best is i got just what i wanted. .223 and 6.5x55 both with mods and 100 buy 120 hold and.....both are open not bad as they are my first centrefire grant and i only got my FAC last october. It was just less than a 1 month turn around which for a first centrefire grant that required a visit thats pretty damn good if you ask me. Just need to nip around a couple of RFDs pricing up some set ups and scrape the cash together.

George

"Good things come to those that wait". :good:

And its all thanks to this fantastic forum. When i joined 18 months ago i had not considered getting an FAC and didn't have a clue how to get one. Over a few months i got more and more into shooting and asked the forum questions about the application and finally got it granted in early october last year. About 10 months down the line I went from having no FAC at all now have slots for .17hmr .22lr .223 and 6.5x55 all with moderators. What a wonderful forum this is so just a quick thanks to all those who have answered my stupid questions over the last year and a half :D:stupid: :stupid: :stupid::good:

George

I use lead, steel, plastic and fibre. **** all to do with the price - steel much better for skeet than lead (IMO)

And its all thanks to this fantastic forum. When i joined 18 months ago i had not considered getting an FAC and didn't have a clue how to get one. Over a few months i got more and more into shooting and asked the forum questions about the application and finally got it granted in early october last year. About 10 months down the line I went from having no FAC at all now have slots for .17hmr .22lr .223 and 6.5x55 all with moderators. What a wonderful forum this is so just a quick thanks to all those who have answered my stupid questions over the last year and a half :D:good::stupid: :stupid: :good:

George

How easy was it to have an 'open' cert? I keep wondering whether I should put in for a variation for a .22 and a .17HMR but only realy any use if open. Would be able to get a fair amount on land with permission to shoot over.

How easy was it to have an 'open' cert? I keep wondering whether I should put in for a variation for a .22 and a .17HMR but only realy any use if open. Would be able to get a fair amount on land with permission to shoot over.

I just got given it both times only have 600 acres of permission but for a stalking rifle it is bound to be difficult if its not open.

George