advice

ppuk

I take that to mean you have got a slot for FAC Shotgun ? First decision is Pump or Semi ?

have slot on fac for 1 its going to be used for vermin control on the farm i have a sec 2 shotgun but pigeons are a problem and cant reload quick enough when there comin in in droves

i had the old hatsan i new it fitted me, i new how it shoots i had it for over a year then i put it in to a rfd and they charged me 50 quid to make it into a 8 shot,so no nasty suprises just a lot more carts used...

just want something that does what its meant too i hear so much about jammin its not goto be pretty just functional

have slot on fac for 1 its going to be used for vermin control on the farm i have a sec 2 shotgun but pigeons are a problem and cant reload quick enough when there comin in in droves

An O/U sec 2 ? Or a semi/pump ? The latter could be converted to S1 depending on models.

For £600 you are just about in the back of the net for a Supernova pump for what I use it for the best pump on the market See my sig :good: , most not all standard FAC's will come as a 5 shot occasionally a 7 or 8 shot, a lot of choice out there for a semi, if you want almost zero maintenance and one muscular arm go for the pump, there's a tip top dealer in your neck of woods as well ! :D

I have a Remington 11-87 Special Purpose on FAC and it's the dogs danglies! You would definitely get a second-hand one for a lot less than £600.Benelli are very good,but pricey.Have you considered a Winchester SX2?Nice piece of kit.The only snag with second-hand FAC rated shotguns is that they tend to have been used as more of a tool than other guns(mine is) so cosmetically they don't always look their best!It all depends what you want it for.

I have a Remington 11-87 Special Purpose on FAC and it's the dogs danglies! You would definitely get a second-hand one for a lot less than £600.Benelli are very good,but pricey.Have you considered a Winchester SX2?Nice piece of kit.The only snag with second-hand FAC rated shotguns is that they tend to have been used as more of a tool than other guns(mine is) so cosmetically they don't always look their best!It all depends what you want it for.

it will be used as a tool it will be a 'farm gun'

:D I wouldnt buy a pump at all, get a decent semi, I had a browning silver in 5 shot, could fire 5 shots in less than 2 seconds, Same as the extrema.Just bought a browning Gold fusion for £550 and costs £50 to Fac it!!!

Forget pumps, i have one too, Not a great pigeon gun, even if you pump quick you cannot compete with a semi.

AND if you buy a benelli....make sure you have indestructible shoulders!! they pack a punch!!!

It HAS to be Browning or Berretta :good:

:D I wouldnt buy a pump at all, get a decent semi, I had a browning silver in 5 shot, could fire 5 shots in less than 2 seconds, Same as the extrema.Just bought a browning Gold fusion for £550 and costs £50 to Fac it!!!

Forget pumps, i have one too, Not a great pigeon gun, even if you pump quick you cannot compete with a semi.

AND if you buy a benelli....make sure you have indestructible shoulders!! they pack a punch!!!

It HAS to be Browning or Berretta :good:

What a load of cobblers

I regularly shoot in excess of 200 Rounds on a PSG day, feels like I have been for a jog I will tomorrow when I have time to post it up the recoil graph for an M2, BOTH the Browning and Beretta are great guns they will need maintenance and if you don't maintain them they WILL let you down in the field...period

Guest cookoff013

hey,

i use a super nova for clay shooting, wildfowling. it is one tough gun.

you can get through lots of cartridges quickly. very quickly.

only after a good 100+ cartridges, will your arm start to tire. i smothed out my action with grease,

made it much easyer. i shoot steel, lead, tungsten, bismuth, everything.

its my rough gun. dont forget, with 8-9 shells in it, it will weigh quite abit.

you can fill the stock with lead shot to change the ballance.

i strip mine down regularly, with no tools, cleans / lubricates with spray oil.

i even take out the firing pin and spray clean that.

really easy.