Not a ton but just as much fun

After a couple of 100s this week tried a late evening foray on some more OSR stubble .

I didnt reach the field till 1800 hrs but a hundred birds lifted so gave it a crack and birds did not show till last thing and made for a hectic 45 mins .

I had two helpers today not that there keen on rape stubble .

Finnshed with 25 out again tommorrow with a old ex service mate will keep you posted .

Kind regards OTH

Pigeonshootingjuly29th2010001.jpg

your stubble looks a little shorter than mine. do you pups get on all right with it simon?

mine havent been in rape stub and im a little worried about sending the box of frogs in.

oh and wheres the blue boxes? are those just birds from your last outing and you just turns the truck around for a differant photo.hehe.

your getting them there kidda. pants around here at moment, think i shot them all.

Phil.

your stubble looks a little shorter than mine. do you pups get on all right with it simon?

mine havent been in rape stub and im a little worried about sending the box of frogs in.

oh and wheres the blue boxes? are those just birds from your last outing and you just turns the truck around for a differant photo.hehe.

your getting them there kidda. pants around here at moment, think i shot them all.

Phil.

Phil

The dogs are not keen on the rape stubble but if you have got a over keen pup its brillant for slowing them down and making them walk to heel etc.

The reason that rape is cut high with long stubble is due to the steams being green from either no desacation or the farmer trying to cut it before the 14 days after spraying .

Regards Simon