feed change again

darren m

pups now 7 months old and as completely gone off the JWB pup and junior foods.

so looking around again for the next bag of feed

for a 7 month old springer what would be the optimun protein and oil content to go for .

was thinking of one of the muslie's type maybe ruff n ready or field n trial just for a change , but the protein and fats on these are pretty low-ish

what do you think and what do you feed your juniors

thanks

ps. also feed a spoon of raw tripe or mince with the dried

pups now 7 months old and as completely gone off the JWB pup and junior foods.

so looking around again for the next bag of feed

for a 7 month old springer what would be the optimun protein and oil content to go for .

was thinking of one of the muslie's type maybe ruff n ready or field n trial just for a change , but the protein and fats on these are pretty low-ish

what do you think and what do you feed your juniors

thanks

ps. also feed a spoon of raw tripe or mince with the dried

F&T puppy is 27% protein & 18% oil..how high do you want it !!!

I'd would be keen to keep changing food so often. You say the pup has gone off it, how often are you feeding & how much.?

BB-- used F&T puppy for a couple of bags , pup stomach was a bit iffy , so went on to JWB pup , shes been ok.

now shes gone totally off the JWB pup and the junior , i think the pup food is too high in protein anyways at 29% for a 7 month .

now shes a bit older and maybe a more settled stomach , i,m going to try skinners again but looking at there web site they dont do a junior feed . shes a big bitch with lots of bone and big joints in fact shes bigger than my 22 month old springer in size and weight ( but not fat ).

i dont know wether to keep her on high-ish protein ( 23 - 29% ) or go straight to adult feed ( 18 - 23% ) :look: plus the differing oil contents

Re feeding -- was 3 times per day but dropped down to 2 now , but shes not even finishing that , maybe its near time for her 1st season but sign as yet

Edited by darren m

Arden Grange. It's not the protein % that's important, it's what the protein is based on that is more important.

AG is meat based, adult is typically 25%, their Prestige is 30%. If you want more proof re the protein, look at Orijen... 42% protein (from memory) and about the best kibble money can buy.

I have a lab that would thrive on just about anything, but a springer who just craps more when fed **** (Chudleys was the worst). She does well on Arden Grange. Look at buying from www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk great service and cheapest AG prices I can find.

We started feeding our pups, Beta large puppy, 1 of them loves it the other started tipping the bowl and walking off. We tried mixing it with other foods and he would actually pick out the Beta and spit it on the floor. He is now on Chudley's Junior and at the moment he loves it.

tried beta, JWB and one other but it kept messing my cocker up, talk about the runs. i spoke to skinners a few times and moved onto maintenance mix and then after a while onto ruff'n'ready, never had it so good. i now have a 12week old pup that likes the oldest dogs food better then hers so after speaking to skinners again i was told to finish off the sack of puppy food, add some into the oldest dogs as it will do him no harm and then go onto the crunchy as the pup can have it as well as the 2 yr old. i add cooked chicken and fish to there mix as i want a higher omega 3,6 and high protein as the older one is working hard at the moment and puppy is growing.

once i have put then on the crunchy i will still add the chicken and fish but i will also add salmon oil to it as well

Phil.