Ferrets as pets

Heladoxa

It all depends how much you handle your ferrets realy. I can put my polecat Harry down in my garden and he will roam about but he has never left the garden in the 3 years that I have had him. On the other hand some of my other ferrets I wouldn't trust letting go in the garden so at the end of the day it all depends how well your ferret behaves.

post-12981-1281073483.jpg

Harry had been sat on my bonnet for over 30 mins at this point as I was getting my gear ready to go out ferreting for the day and not a minutes bother as you can see.

It,s feasable though very unlikely. they always want to be somewere else you see. Used to have a Hob who traveled round in my pocket etc when i was a teenager he was very tame and if put down in an open field and walked away he would follow me about like a dog, i could not have let him out without me and expect his return at lunch though

I would say it's the blood on your checker plate that's kept your ferret happy Luckyshot!Looks like the back of my Disco'!

I've had ferrets disappear now and then when my nephew has forgotten to shut their compound,and I usually get a knock on the door by a neighbour after a couple of days,'Have you lost a ferret?'

I wouldn't let one out deliberately to roam at will,too many dogs around here. :welcomeani:

I would say it's the blood on your checker plate that's kept your ferret happy Luckyshot!Looks like the back of my Disco'!

I've had ferrets disappear now and then when my nephew has forgotten to shut their compound,and I usually get a knock on the door by a neighbour after a couple of days,'Have you lost a ferret?'

I wouldn't let one out deliberately to roam at will,too many dogs around here. :welcomeani:

At the back of my house I have no problem letting Harry run about for as long as he likes, when he is bored he will go back into his hutch of his own accord. The blood on the bonnet had been there for weeks it dosen't realy interest him as hes well fed on pure rabbit and probably sick of the sight of blood.