First post, Help with pigeon flapper!

Guest olly speakman

Guest olly speakman

Hey Guys,

I went out pigeon shooting today with a good freind of mine called Tim Barbour, other wise known as the essex hunter on this website. We only shot for a few hours in the evening and got about 15. However we have never tried out using a pigeon flapper and I wander whether it is an essential peice of kit! If so please can you suggest a few good pigeon flappers.

Thankyou

Bought one last week and used it for the first time with really good results, couple of bouncers and the flapper with a further 20 on the deck brought them riht into the pattern, did find though I needed to take it down late in the day as a few birds were spooked but I would not go out without it now.

Also make me chuckle watching it when there is a slow few mins,,, ;)

Guest olly speakman
Bought one last week and used it for the first time with really good results, couple of bouncers and the flapper with a further 20 on the deck brought them riht into the pattern, did find though I needed to take it down late in the day as a few birds were spooked but I would not go out without it now.

Also make me chuckle watching it when there is a slow few mins,,, ;)

Which one did u buy??

Has anyone tried or got the remote controlled flapper from the site sponsor? Are they worth the additional cash to save battery life/time spent out of the hide and poss missing a shot at the birds while faffing about turning it on and off?

Cheers

I have one from the site sponsor..very good bit of kit. If i had to choose between the flapper and a rotary/magnet it would be the flapper every time. I tried the remote and didn't get on with it. Too much faffing around button pressing, at the critical moment you find you have a remote in your hand instead of the gun! Much better to use a timer. I found continuous flapping will make the birds shy away but the timer works perfectly. Saves the battery too on a long day.

Edited by turbo33