converting my 170 lamp

zipdog

Want some advice here

i am going to run my 170 lamp straight of the car battery. At the moment i am going to run a cord from the battery into the cab where i can then connect to straight to the lamp, doing away the cigarret lighter. Can anyone see any problems with doing it this way. thanks.

I've got a fused supply to a switch by the dash so you can isolate the supply, then there is a cable to the back of the pickup and the lamp is wired directly to it. I now also carry spare fuses and connectors as you never know when a running repair is going to be needed. What you have to remember is these lamps live a hard life having the flex pulled about all the time so maintenance is going to be needed

it would run the risk of setting the vehicle on fire if it shorted, mine has an inline fuse close to where the power feed from the battery is, dead easy to change, I think its a 15 amp in there at the moment only found it recently as blew it 3 times finding one lightforce was shorting