Who makes and takes a pack lunch to work

Cookiemonsterandmerlin.

I have been taking a packed lunch consisting of 4 corned beef sandwiches, an apple and an orange with me every day since i started work in 1977, how sad is that?

TB.

Corned beef anyone? ;)

My god man. I wish I had your self control and easy to please taste. I struggle to eat the same thing two days in a row. I get bored so easily! Seriously, I envy you. :crazy:

Corned beef anyone? ;)

My god man. I wish I had your self control and easy to please taste. I struggle to eat the same thing two days in a row. I get bored so easily! Seriously, I envy you. :crazy:

I love corned beef sandwiches especially with sliced onion and ketchup, never get fed up of the taste, at two tins a week i must have got through nearly a couple of tons of the stuff in the last 33 years :good::good:

Ian.

I take some leftovers or more often I take a tin of cheapo value fruit and scoff it with a spoon while hiding from being hassled. Sometimes take a tin of mackerel or herring . Oily fish makes me feel full . If busy I will not eat until after I get home . Far too lazy to have breakfast before an early shift so can feel pretty awful if do not eat all day . I start the day with a pint mug of very strong filter coffee.

At the weekend and not busy I will get a cooked brekkie in the hospital canteen and that does me until supper. Cant think where the moobs have come from.

i get on station early of a morning, 3/4 rounds of toast and a brew, then for dinner the majority of the time, the missus will have put me a bit of a box together, and if it isnt put together shes prob already done the donkey work. she makes chicken and leek pasties in big batches (absoluely stunning), eaten either cold or warm if i get back to station; and i'll take a couple with a pack of crisp, sometimes a bit of fruit, and a bit of tescos own chocolate bar. sometimes i'll make a few butties if the pasties have been exhausted, sometimes some cous cous made with veg stock with onions, peppers and cooked chicken breast.

try to keep it varied really, taking stuff is by far better on the wallet than buying. most of the time because you have to get a tenner out of the cash machine to pay for whatever your buying if you dont have any money on you. then because you've got change in your pocket that often disappears on unnecessary stuff too. i definately tell the difference in a month if i've been on top of the dinner front!

hugh fernley has some good lunch box ideas that are gorgeous and really quick and simple in his latest book.

regards,

Ash