Beat my record

jojusa

Now, before anyone thinks this is going to be a massive bag .......... :blush: it's not but it's my biggest to date for a day. :lol:

I went to my permission for 8.30 which is a lot later than i normally would (i like to get a very early start) because the rain was pouring down as I was getting my kit ready. I nearly decided to give it a miss as there were others things I could have been doing but thought, what's a bit of rain ....... I can only get wet! When I got to the farm I was told that the black stuff was hitting his newly wrapped bales and he was not a happy farmer, so would I try to keep them off to which I obliged. I had a wander through the woods on my way to the field and managed 1 Rook & 3 Pigeons within half an hour which was a good omen, then I could see the field he wanted shooting and I could see why :lol: . I only had my cartridge belt on which was quickly empty so I had to trudge back to farm where my car was parked for more supplies, I decided to use my car to get back to the field as I had too much gear to carry but I was a little wary as it was still wet and I drive a mondeo :lol:. I just managed to get the car back to the field and had a couple more hours on the Rooks, finished a very enjoyable day with a personal best of 15 Rooks, 4 Pigeons and a dirty car! Could of had a lot more if I was not shooting like Mr Magoo!

only 14 in this pic,

1408106.jpg

My dirty car (note to self, 4x4 needed)

1408104.jpg

i just got back from dorset yesterday ,and after 2 weeks of solid graft .in a way im glad you didnt ring.as i had a bit 2 much drink last nite

and was in need of a lie in.loads of pigeons down that way.them dorset boys dont know how lucky they are. B)

Your giving the impression that you can't handle the drink m8ie and it sounds like your getting old when you need a lie in! :lol::yes::lol:

( I wish I had rung now just to hear how bad you sounded) :good:

• 3 weeks later...