HW100s .177 OR FX cyclone .22 ?? what would u chose??? cyclone cost mo

macca R-10

What HW100 are you looking @ Exchanging

if a .22 HW100 have you tried Defiant 5.52's -

As had a growing number of Shooters refinding their Gun's after trying these pellets

As the Gun comes into it's own again

As they Fly Flat and Faster than most other pellets - Yet really hit home hard :good:

BOB/R

hi,been there myself,got rid of my hw100,

and within 2 weeks i had another 1.

still keep looking at other guns,,but if you just take time to think about it,

you realise you already have everything you need.

the hw100 is quiet,accurate,,smooth and well made,good shot count,quickfil charges in 30 seconds

what more do you need

cheers al

As had a growing number of Shooters refinding their Gun's after trying these pellets

As they Fly Flat and Faster than most other pellets - Yet really hit home hard :good:

BOB/R

What weight are they Bob, any idea?

I'm going to go ahead and be a pain and say a .177 Cyclone. I know people the love the HW100's but when i held one i felt like i was at the gym holding a plank of wood with a metal pole sat on top. Not a nice feel but a shockingly accurate rifle.

Only ever held the Cyclone but i'd love to shoot one. Everyone i've spoken to who owns or has shot one says they're great. Sleak, more pointable, more reliable and more pleasant to shoot.

I think you need to be careful about which age Cyclone you pick though.

Whichever you pick you'll have no problem taking out what you're shooting though.

All the best,

Lewis

As they Fly Flat and Faster than most other pellets - Yet really hit home hard :sly:

BOB/R

Strange how we never hear recommendations from this growing number of shooters. Just from you, and of course, you sell them don't you? :good:

Strange how we never hear recommendations from this growing number of shooters. Just from you, and of course, you sell them don't you? :good:

Does it matter if he does? I was always a .22 shooter untill I tried .177 and love the trajectory of the smaller round, and it is devastating for quarry out to 40 yards. However, I have also gone back to using a .22 as well, and after experimenting with pellets. Most of the .22 pellets are 16 grain plus, but having tried some accupels that are 14 grain, I have found a massive difference in the trajectory and it is vastly different and very acceptable. So 14 grains is for me the way forward and accupels or indeed defiants, give them a go. I totally agree with Bob's post and respectfully reject those sarcastic and uneccesary remarks above.

Edited by turbo33

Does it matter if he does? I was always a .22 shooter untill I tried .177 and love the trajectory of the smaller round, and it is devastating for quarry out to 40 yards. However, I have also gone back to using a .22 as well, and after experimenting with pellets. Most of the .22 pellets are 16 grain plus, but having tried some accupels that are 14 grain, I have found a massive difference in the trajectory and it is vastly different and very acceptable. So 14 grains is for me the way forward and accupels or indeed defiants, give them a go. I totally agree with Bob's post and respectfully reject those sarcastic and uneccesary remarks above.

I have no problem with informative and balanced comments. However, the relentless free advertising for a brand of pellets that few can get on with, indeed I haven't had a gun yet that is accurate with them, is unhelpful. Recommending a particular pellet is one thing, recommending pellets that you have a vested interest in selling without making that clear is unacceptable in my view.

I have no problem with informative and balanced comments. However, the relentless free advertising for a brand of pellets that few can get on with, indeed I haven't had a gun yet that is accurate with them, is unhelpful. Recommending a particular pellet is one thing, recommending pellets that you have a vested interest in selling without making that clear is unacceptable in my view.

whats this got to do with the initial question anyway

hw100 or fx cyclone

in my opinion their is little to say

they are both excellant rifles

how much weight you want to carry is the real issue

if out stalking /hunting bunnies i would personaly go for the lighter one

if target shooting at club it doesnt matter which

Ive got both, but the Cyclone is in .177 & HW .22. The Cyclone has two advantages over the HW, the shot count & is much lighter (mine is the synthetic stock version). The magazine on the FX carries 8 as opposed to 14, the trigger & magazine load/eject system on the FX isnt a patch on the HW. I find the FX an excellent extremely accurate lightweight hunter. As for selling the HW for a Cyclone, just depends if weight & shot count are important . atb Nick

Edited by nick2