Barrel Cleaning

Themacclad

Browning Leiga spray is the best, always have and always will use it.

I've always used Napier and never had a problem. I use the Napier spray cleaner for the inside of barrels and general cleaning followed by the light spray of Napier gunoil on a cotton cloth and wipe the metal work over. I also use their white grease for the moving parts but only a very small covering.

Their VP90 pouches for the gun cabinet are excellent. Unfortunately my Cabinet is in an area that can get exposed to damp air but I've had no problems with these pouches accompanied with a medium Silica gell pouch to absorb and moisture getting it.

I've also bought 20M of flexible magnetic strip (3" wide). I use this on the cabinet door to seal the gap between the door and the cabinet walls to stop moisture getting in :good:

I've always used Napier and never had a problem. I use the Napier spray cleaner for the inside of barrels and general cleaning followed by the light spray of Napier gunoil on a cotton cloth and wipe the metal work over. I also use their white grease for the moving parts but only a very small covering.

Their VP90 pouches for the gun cabinet are excellent. Unfortunately my Cabinet is in an area that can get exposed to damp air but I've had no problems with these pouches accompanied with a medium Silica gell pouch to absorb and moisture getting it.

I've also bought 20M of flexible magnetic strip (3" wide). I use this on the cabinet door to seal the gap between the door and the cabinet walls to stop moisture getting in :good:

Thats what i call deadication :good:

Just bought my first gun (a Browning Cynergy) and have been reading these forums with great interest, particularly with regard to cleaning and general gun maintenance.

A guy at my local gunshop recommended a 50/50 mix of Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline) and 3 in 1 oil as a light gun grease to use in place of gun oil where metal touches metal. I made up a batch (by melting the vaseline in a pot floating in hot water) and the resulting grease is very light and easy to apply. Has anyone else heard of this 'home brew' grease recipe?

For the outside of the barrels I just give them a wipe over with a cloth lightly dabbed with gun oil. Hope I'm doing the right thing? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
A guy at my local gunshop recommended a 50/50 mix of Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline) and 3 in 1 oil as a light gun grease to use in place of gun oil where metal touches metal. I made up a batch (by melting the vaseline in a pot floating in hot water) and the resulting grease is very light and easy to apply. Has anyone else heard of this 'home brew' grease recipe?

Funnily enough I misplaced my regular stuff so put some vaseline on my CZ bolt the other day. It works really well on its own!