pics wanted

topmantim

dont clean.

we only clean when accuracy drops off, (tends to happen about every 9 months)

when we do we use a rod, and a piece of bog role with butches bore shine or hoppes number 9

keep it simple. :lol:

What about piting and rust ect? 9 months is a long time? :rolleyes:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont clean.

we only clean when accuracy drops off, (tends to happen about every 9 months)

when we do we use a rod, and a piece of bog role with butches bore shine or hoppes number 9

keep it simple. :lol:

What about piting and rust ect? 9 months is a long time? :rolleyes:

the guns are cleaned outside after every shoot.

but the barrels are hardly ever cleaned. havent had any pitting as yet (have had the bores looked at with a scope)

my dads rimfire, the weihrauch hw60 probably hasnt been cleaned in several years now. will still shoot 1/2" too 1/4". again scope power is a big issue. its only wearing a 6x42 swaro.

Yes I think so too but i still think T3'sa re damn good. To be honest, i think the 695 is nicer than the Sako 75 I have, problem is, Tikka dont make any nice heavy barrelled rifles, im not a mad fan of composite stocks you see.

there are two tikka's on guntrader at the moment with wood stocks and heavy barrels.

one is a 595 .243 £495

the other is a m558 22-250 595

there are also pleanty of synthetic T3 varmint's on there, but i know you said you wernt intrested in those.

considered re barreling and inletting a standard tikka with a heavy barrel?

but the barrels are hardly ever cleaned. havent had any pitting as yet (have had the bores looked at with a scope)

my dads rimfire, the weihrauch hw60 probably hasnt been cleaned in several years now. will still shoot 1/2" too 1/4". again scope power is a big issue. its only wearing a 6x42 swaro.

Fair enough. I have a mate with a .220 Swift. He only cleans when acuuracy falls off, every 30 rounds or so, educating a few foxes along the way :rolleyes::lol: .

He took his rifle in for inspection, a bore scope was put threw it and pitting was found. Not a lot but never the less, it was their. When he goes lamping its cold or a bit wet, when he comes in, condinsation forms inside and out, which causes rust.

So now he cleans every time he uses it, but alas, its too late, once pitting sets in, you wont shift it. :D

Edited by Frank

f they dont make it in factory form im not going to buy it.

by the looks of guntrader they do make a factory varmint model

cheap plastic stock though masquarading as a composite.

sorry, i meant the 595, not the T3

which comes in varmint spec. with a wooden sporter stock and heavy barrel.

;) Thanks chaps for all your pics and info. My son appreciates it very much and will help him out loads. Looking at the pics there are some very nice guns out there. Dunganick very nice collection if possible could you email me some pics and info ie calibre how far they shoot (ie in yards). Once again many thanks.

Tim & Alex

:D Thanks chaps for all your pics and info. My son appreciates it very much and will help him out loads. Looking at the pics there are some very nice guns out there. Dunganick very nice collection if possible could you email me some pics and info ie calibre how far they shoot (ie in yards). Once again many thanks.

Tim & Alex

okay, i will do it over the next few days ;)

Just a thought, but does anyone know if the Tikka 595 stock will fit the T3.

I have the T3 Hunter with Walnut stock, but much prefer the 5954 stock which is more like the Sako. ;)

G.M.

If it doesn't, it will be very close.

I know the mags aren't interchangable and neither are the bolts, but I have a 695 and my mate has a T3 and when I had his gun apart it looked very similar - I have a spare 695 laminate stock so we could have tried it but we didn't :D

topmantim This is my toy.

.22LR Ruger All Weather SS with a (Zet AU Silencer?)

Rugger22LR_edited.jpg

Best shot 120 yrds pigeon

Next best 110 yrds pigeon and a magpie

Mostly 40-70 yrds anthing that sit long enough ;) Mainly crows

Shoot Winchester subs and Winchester Lazers - gun likes them so do I.

CCI CB longs for my son to shoot targets 25yrs (round has 32ftlbs)

Tried CCI stingers - bad stuff in my gun. Jammed all the time, yet the CB longs dont. May be because of the heavier load in the stingers.

Tried Eley Subs hollow points - don't like them, find the Winchesters better.

Want to try the Eley subs solid point??

Have applied for a .222, probably a Tikka T3.

Hope this is helpful

Big Dog

Topmantim (and son),

I have 2 rifles.

First is my Tikka T3 Lite, it's in .25-06 REM calibre, synthetic and blue. Range? Well it's a stalking rifle so you're unlikely to ever want to shoot over 200yds in this country, typically more like 100yds. However, it should be capable of printing decent patterns out to 300yds or more with practice. Put it another way, it's a lot more accurate than I am. It's wearing a Meopta 7x50 which I expect to be upgrading to an S&B 8x56 in a week or two.

post-18-1136883288.jpg

Topmantim (again)

Here's my other rifle, a bunny gun, .22LR. It's a Remington 597 semi-auto. Has a 10 shot mag and a 3-9x50 cheapo scope, which is going soon, as it's pants. With practice the accuracy can be decent out to 90-100yds with subsonics, with HV's it gets better. Personally, with me at the wheel, I reckon it's useful out to 75-85 yds.

post-18-1136883645.jpg

Hi Frank.

Just sent the FAC in about 3 weeks ago. I am told it will take them at least 5 months. Thats May b4 I know if it is approved and then it will take 2-4 weeks to get a gun/mod and FAC back so I am planning June or July b4 I fire a shot; and that is if everything go without any problems.

It is such a pain ;):D

On a good note I am thinking things are opening up on the rifle club sceen. I go for my 2nd visit on saturday, 4 more to do b4 put fwd as a member. The down side is I cant use my own guns there until I am in the club a year and I get them approved on the FAC to use at the range. So it could be a year from now b4 I get using any of my own stuff there with all the bl***y bureaucracy I need to jump through. But the way I see it if you want it you need to jump through the hoop; grin and bare :(

Sargeant Bang Nice gun.

Can you tell me if there is any difference in weight in the metal work between the:

- Tikka T3 Lite,

- Tikka T3 hunder and

- Tikka T3 Laminated

or is it just in the stock and the metal work is the same for all???

I suppose the blue barrel is lighter than stainless?;)?:D??

Sargeant Bang Nice gun.

Can you tell me if there is any difference in weight in the metal work between the:

- Tikka T3 Lite,

- Tikka T3 hunder and

- Tikka T3 Laminated

or is it just in the stock and the metal work is the same for all???

I suppose the blue barrel is lighter than stainless?:rolleyes:?:lol:??

Hi Big Dog,

Fister is pretty much there with the facts already, as you'd expect.

Synthetic is lightest, the wood is next heaviest and the laminated is the top weight. Metal work is the same on all and for information it's a Long-Action calibre. The Blue barrel is a little lighter than the "Stainless".

I think the T3 Lite without a scope, Mod and ammo is 6 and 3/16ths pounds (2.8kilos) if I recall correctly? Which is handy if your marching the hills for a deer.

Hi Frank.

Just sent the FAC in about 3 weeks ago. I am told it will take them at least 5 months. Thats May b4 I know if it is approved and then it will take 2-4 weeks to get a gun/mod and FAC back so I am planning June or July b4 I fire a shot; and that is if everything go without any problems.

It is such a pain :lol::lol:

On a good note I am thinking things are opening up on the rifle club sceen. I go for my 2nd visit on saturday, 4 more to do b4 put fwd as a member. The down side is I cant use my own guns there until I am in the club a year and I get them approved on the FAC to use at the range. So it could be a year from now b4 I get using any of my own stuff there with all the bl***y bureaucracy I need to jump through. But the way I see it if you want it you need to jump through the hoop; grin and bare :lol:

Thats a long time to wait Big Dog :lol:

Id be riping my hair out. :lol:

I hope its all worth it in the end, which im sure it will be. :lol: Down here, we are expecting a firearms amendment bill coming in to law by the summer, which was introduced to the dail( our houses of parliment) just before end of last year. It will bring a few changes, some positive some dodgy. :lol:

A couple of good things like, reloading and a time limit by the police of processing new firearms certs, which will be 3 months will be introduced. This means, if the police take longer than 3 months, they are in trouble.

Another one is, if you get refused, you have a right to apeal it in your local district court, where as before it went to the high court, which cost a fortune. :rolleyes:

A couple of dogy ones are secure storege of firearms, some are saying, this could be interpreted as expensive alarm systems. :lol:;)

The best of luck. :lol:

topmantim my appologies for not getting back sooner, but ive been a bit busy with exams.

here are some links with better full size pics of the rifles.

when i have a free moment i will type up what they are used for and effective range etc...

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4342/dscn36432hz.jpg

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8048/dscn36453rl.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3251/dscn36484xs.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4682/dscn36515yd.jpg

http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/8269/dscn36559nd.jpg

http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/7361/dscn36562cp.jpg

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4947/dscn36590xq.jpg