ND-3 laser illuminator

scotland rifles

just had my hands on the very thing....................

IMHO its interesting. It certainly is not night vision. It is certainly not a lamp.

A very defined laser with a scaleable beam. With the beam tightened to that of your scope at range it will give the appearance of looking through NVG's or a II scope........... this is possible why its marked as night vision...............

You pick up the grainy lack of depth of a II scope.

On a flood setting the range would be reduced and too tight the beam will reflect back on any surface.

Its an active source as well so ok of your quarry is not bothered by a very bright light being flashed around or you are not woried about being seen!

OK for shooting through a scope , distracting a bad person, designating an area / pointing over distance................. anything sneaky will not be so good.

I would suggest that it is mounted alongside a scope and adjusted to the scope at your set distance. THe fine adjustment is not something i would want to be playing with in the field. Use a lamp for scanning and fixing , then this for the final shot.

About £500 for the large torch as linked!!!! pricey

Edited by happypig

No

Get a lamp it works

Ive got a deben tracer mini, scope mounted. It works well enough but scares bunnies quite quickly. Was looking for an alternative that kept them around long enough for a couple of shots!

The youtube clips make it look great but I must admit Im not quite getting it over a lamp!

Well its a green laser which produces a very defined beam.

Think pitch darkness with a perfect green circle producing grainy light which looks like you are viewing through a night sight or just like the bbc when they film through night vision.

Now transfer to a torch.....

the flood to spot size can be adjusted and on the tightest setting its like a laser pointer giving you a 4 inch spot at 50m.

withthe spot size adjusted to your field of view through your scope and that zeroed to the scope field of view it gives the impression a night sight through your regular scope.

It is an active lightsource i.e it shines just like a lamp but the light produced is in a different spectrum/ wavelenght or other tech gubbins.............

at over £500 for the larger torch like lamp its a fraction of the cost of the latest II sights but..............

• 2 weeks later...

Well, friendly US ebayer and a package that says its a gift and we have a £188 ND3 on my desk this morning!! First thoughts are its very well made, packaging and attachments look and feel solid and it switches on so a good start!

Shining it under my desk (not attached to a rifle) the green beam looks very narrow even at its widest setting but then that is 1.5ft infront of me. Presumably its a wider beam over distance!

Planning to do a zeroing session later on tonight and hopefully will review the kit during this week for anyone thats interested!

Still want the Pulsar N550 really but wanted to try a few alternatives before I took the plunge!

Well, friendly US ebayer and a package that says its a gift and we have a £188 ND3 on my desk this morning!! First thoughts are its very well made, packaging and attachments look and feel solid and it switches on so a good start!

Shining it under my desk (not attached to a rifle) the green beam looks very narrow even at its widest setting but then that is 1.5ft infront of me. Presumably its a wider beam over distance!

Planning to do a zeroing session later on tonight and hopefully will review the kit during this week for anyone thats interested!

Still want the Pulsar N550 really but wanted to try a few alternatives before I took the plunge!

over 50 yrds that narrow beam is more like 3 yards across :good: