Lamping Wed Night

ollie

Myself and Glensman went to shoot a few bunnies on Wednesday evening with the intention of lamping for fox on the way home at night. Only shot a couple of bunnies and when it got dark I started having a call. After calling for about 5 mins we noticed a set of eyes coming from the distance and a set not moving on top of the hill. A further 10 minutes later I had called a fox into the field we were sitting in; about 50 yards away...I will let Glensman explain to you how this fox got away :sly::good: . Anyway after this mis hap I suggested we moved down into the valley were the first fox had trotted of to; when we got to the valley there were 4 foxes standing (not including the 1 still stood on the hill). I tried my best to call them in but they stayed just outside range, so we started stalking them (this was very difficult as the wind was at our backs). We got to about 60 yards of 1 and this time Glensman made a very good shot to the engine room.

post-21-1282511520.jpg

In all we saw 10 foxes, but some of them will call another night depending on the conditions.

good shooting guys, had the glensman got his new scope on when he missed. LOL

Unfortunately I dont have that excuse! I panicked like an eegit and tried to take the shot left handed, if I had of waited Im pretty sure he would have come back into my line of sight :lol:

Thankfully Ollie wasnt Too hard on me, I was desperate to shoot the next one for absolution. If we had have had your .223 tony we'd have been elected- should have had 5 or 6 if we had the extra punch!