Had a look out inbetween showers.

Luckyshot

Had a look out today as I had a spare couple of hours. Arrived at one of my permissions at 09:00am and decided to have a drive around to see what if anything was kicking about. There wasn't much showing apart from the odd pheasant so I decided to go up onto the higher ground and try a few fields that I rarely shoot as the terrain is pretty bad even for the defender and to walk it would take ages. Once I got to the top I had a look around with the binos and could see quite a few rabbits munching away around their burrows so I got the HMR out of the bag and lined up the first culprit resting on the wing mirror, a tad under 100yrds and down he went. With little movement from the surrounding bunnies I shot another 4 rabbits all from around the same set.

After driving to the corner of the field I settled ready for some more action this time on a very large set about 80yrds away. I shot a further 12 rabbits from this set within 20 minutes with the majority of the rabbits not even batting an eyelid at the dead bodies surrounding them. Moving down the edge of the field I shot another 9 rabbits getting one every 25yrds or so. By this time the sun decided to come out so I got out of the land rover and took a stroll over to an area where there is a large grass bank full of burrows where when you shoot the rabbits they come kicking down to the bottom themselves (easy to retrieve) on lying down rifle on the bipod no more than 60yrds from the bank I accounted for another 10 rabbits before the weather decided to take a turn for the worse so it was a quick dash back to the land rover for a cuppa then headed off back home all in time for dinner. Finished the morning with 36 rabbits all nice clean kills.

post-12981-1282679467.jpg