Oxfordshire shooters?

Oxon88

Im just south of Banbury too actually, in Deddington. I shoot over near brackley. Would be nice to meet up with people who share the shooting interest!

Do not live in Oxfordshire but we keep our van in Adderbury, so if you fancy a beer sometime? There is a beer festival on at the bell in the village this weekend if interested.

Small world, I drive through Stanford twice a day going to work (Witney) ! I have just aquired some local permission to air rifle for rabbits, so my eldest and I are trying to keep the land owner happy by reducing the population (they are harder to get close to than I had imagined !!) As for clays this has been mainly a holiday activity (we frequent Luckyard farm in Exmoor) as we are fairly new to shooting and such, but when I get going will probably go along to the fortnightly Hanney meeting (been to Brize Norton a couple of times but its like going back to work...) Also started doing a bit of fly fishing, again with limited sucess, but enjoying every minute of it all - should have started earlier but kids etc, however 40 aint too late is it ??

Wantage - famous for King Alfred / Stanford in the Vale - Pam Ayres........ no contest !

Wantage - famous for King Alfred / Stanford in the Vale - Pam Ayres........ no contest !

No Stanford is famous for inbreeding

OTH

OTH I would probably agree with you about the inbreeding........luckily I was originally from from down the

road just outside Denchworth.......but moved to Stanford.

I am a member over at the shooting club near Duns Tew, you dont shoot there by any chance? If your ever in need of a shooting partner just shout :oops:

Dave.

Hi Dave

I'm not a member but shot there yrs ago with a member using pistols both rimmy & centre fire in the quarry.

Yep I would like to come over sometime, just PM me. On the estates it all a bit ristricted by the keepers but we could meet up and see, could give you a drive around. We are soon going to be busy with quad-dogging trying to hold the birds.

Saturday I should be off to Stratford to pick up my sons new bike a XT660R, as he had only just passed his test it was a case of Dad could you 'test drive' it for me - no prob son :good: In truth I hadn't rode a big bike for many many yrs - ended up with a near 'out of body experience' :blush: - modern injection bike engines. Met him up around the corner from the shop and gave him a ride on the back - pulled a 'wheelie' (by mistake). Being ristricted for him - and for safety insisted he puts me down as a named rider on his insurance :oops:

Edited by Conygree

Guest CraigBenson
I'm just south of Banbury, and would be keen on meeting up sometime before it gets too busy with helping out with dogging in etc :good:

Dogging?!? Can't you get arrested for that??

I'm in Wallingford by the way. I knew that there were a lot of shooters about, but you just don't bump into them in the street, or if you do, you don't know that they are shooters.

Dogging?!? Can't you get arrested for that??

I'm in Wallingford by the way. I knew that there were a lot of shooters about, but you just don't bump into them in the street, or if you do, you don't know that they are shooters.

Dogging - 'coming' to a layby near you? The trainee keeper got a 'live education' at the back of the estate a while ago :oops:

It's easy to tell the shooters on the estate, they have blood dripping off the tail gate of battered L200 pickups with a BB in the cigarette lighter for 'charlies' . They can be rarely spotted in the street wearing 'Retro Edwardian kit' and by the elbows out walk, with that 'I want to get back to the woods look' :good:

I took my son up to meet Remy 700 the other week, it made him think about joining forums as he put it. With Facebook you mostly chat to known friends and rarely make new ones. But with a forum with a common interest you just chat away as it you have known each other for years when you meet up with new friends. He has now joined a Yamaha XT660 forum and was again suprised how many members live nearby. :blush: