Low flying Anas platyrhynchos

GREENGRASS

GG my old mate, I'm sure that you are well aware by now that wildlife photography is a constant and ongoing learning curve!

Nice photo!

Yes I agree Frenchie I am just starting to get out again as I have been working a great deal of late.

It helps me to de stress from the hectic life style I appear to have got into.

The learning curve continues.

Go well my friend

GG :good:

What part of the pic are you not impressed with? I do a bit of photography and think its a wonderful shot, the colour is superb!

Low flying Anas platyrhynchos this bad boy came in low and fast. managed to get 2 shots of this is about the best out of the 2. :good:

I am not to impressed but I have worked on it so have gained some knowledge for the future.

Regards

GG.

What part of the pic are you not impressed with? I do a bit of photography and think its a wonderful shot, the colour is superb!

Hi Kyska

Thanks for viewing and feedback.

I would have liked the mallard coming more at me and panned the shot

Faster shutter speed to have frozen the wing detail.

Missed the focal point on the bird’s eye.

The original image was a little noisy. ISO could have been lower to retain detail /sharpness.

Photoshop is what saved it. I just liked the purple on the wing and thought the picture might have appealed to some of the shooting fraternity on the site.

It could just be me as I am going through a faze where I feel that a high percentage of the shots I am capturing are not keepers.

What are your views opinions??

Also what type of Photography are you into??

Regards

GG :hmm:

I also liked the purple flash on the wing, and also that although the bird wasn't flying the direction you wanted it to, the rule of thirds works really well, although the water is a majority of the image, its effective as the the bird isn't slap bang in the middle.

I must admit, looking at the enlarged image that both of the wings haven't been frozen but the rest of the bird is inaminate, which personally I think looks terrific, really shows how hard the animal works to stay aloft. I think if the focal point was futher away, nearer to the eye you'd have lost some of those effects?

The depth of field is great, even having a pronounced effect on the water.

I'd be very happy with it, but looking at your other work you're a far better photographer than me, so please take my 'critique' with a pinch of salt!

I can see your point about the noise, but to get a fast pic, lowish light without a high ISO is some mean feat.

I have no type of photography, although I like to work with depth of field a lot, I'll post a couple, with the risk of 'talking the talk' as I'm reall not very good, but read a lot! :hmm:

The swan pic took me ages, as the light was so harsh, and even with lots of messing about with WB, I still blew out the white!

Hi Kyska

Thanks for viewing and feedback.

I would have liked the mallard coming more at me and panned the shot

Faster shutter speed to have frozen the wing detail.

Missed the focal point on the bird’s eye.

The original image was a little noisy. ISO could have been lower to retain detail /sharpness.

Photoshop is what saved it. I just liked the purple on the wing and thought the picture might have appealed to some of the shooting fraternity on the site.

It could just be me as I am going through a faze where I feel that a high percentage of the shots I am capturing are not keepers.

What are your views opinions??

Also what type of Photography are you into??

Regards

GG :lol:

post-19934-1283425813.jpg

post-19934-1283425820.jpg

post-19934-1283425834.jpg

Edited by kyska

Thanks for your comments all noted.

I see what you’re trying to achieve with the middle picture DOF. The swan and duck require a little more space for the bird to be moving or looking into.

The mallard shot has area to fly into thus your eye is naturally drawn towards the bird initially and then look to where its moving to.

At least that’s my humble view on it. :hmm:

Regards

GG

PM if you wish. I will be visiting Bradgate Park when the rutting begins al being well.