Wheat stubble

chrispti

Went to a bean stubble field this afternoon for a spot of pigeon shooting, plenty of birds about but everything avoided coming anywhere near to the decoys. I thought they must have been shot at yesterday or even this morning.

I decided to move to the other side of the field and set up under some sitty trees to see what happens. As I got there I saw feathers every where, and a load of clean empty cartridge cases scattered around the place. I was right, someone had had a go at the woodys very recently, glad to see they left their **** lying around all over the place :yes:

Any way, I drove around another farm and found a good few pigeons feeding on a wheat stubble field which was cut on Friday :lol:

Set up 10 shells 25 yds in front and sat back in the hide awaiting my first customer of the day ???

It wasnt long before I had a few down, so I set the rotary up and placed it out in front of my decoy pattern.

There was a nice steady flow of birds, which continued to decoy right up to 1800 when I decided to call it a day ???

Picked up 50 woodys, lost a few behind me so ended up with around 60 ???

post-11306-1283626663.jpg

post-11306-1283626686.jpg

post-11306-1283626728.jpg

Top man how did your bean field turn out I had a cracking bag today but only had my mob camera which for the life of me I cant upload the pictures from .

Regards OTH

Pigeons all over them, but like I said, someone had been shooting them the day before, so they were not comming anywhere near the decoys, so I had to try and find somewere else to shoot :yes:

How many did you end up with ???

Thanks for all the comments :lol:

Pigeons all over them, but like I said, someone had been shooting them the day before, so they were not comming anywhere near the decoys, so I had to try and find somewere else to shoot :D

How many did you end up with :P

Thanks for all the comments :rolleyes:

Totally missed the first paragraph as always I had gone straight to pictures without reading propley just like when I was at school.

I finnished with 176 and just come home and found a half cut bean field with birds pouring in,I will try to get out tommorrow.

Regards OTH and sorry for not reading your post propley.

Edited by Over the hill

Totally missed the first paragraph as always I had gone straight to pictures without reading propley just like when I was at school.

I finnished with 176 and just come home and found a half cut bean field with birds pouring in,I will try to get out tommorrow.

Regards OTH and sorry for not reading your post propley.

:rolleyes: , no worries mate, that was some good going 176 :D