2 T chopped onion

2 T celery

2/3 c fresh chopped mushrooms

1/4 c chopped toasted almonds

1/8 T salt

1/8 T pepper

2 t lemon juice

Directions:

Saute onion, celery and mushrooms in butter. Add lemon juice and almonds, and salt and pepper. Stuff cavaties of birds with dressing.

Salt and pepper the birds, roll in 1/4 cup melted butter, then, in the crushed potato chips. Place in a shallow baking dish, covering with bacon. Bake at 350 degrees F. for one hour or until fork tender. Garnish with paprika and a few toasted almond slices

I shoot a lot of woodcock every season but am not mad about the taste. What I do is take out the breasts and slice then thinly, I then cook a nice piece of steak and when it's done take it of the pan and throw on the woodcock and fry it in the steak juices. Only leave it on the pan for about 20secs and then pour the picecs over the steak with a bit of garlic butter. Not fancy but tastey..........

Apparently the only job is to eat them with the guts in....makes a kinda nice sauce, especially if there your first!

Personally, I'm not that close to the bread line and fry the breast in butter. Important thing is to keep basting the breast with melted butter from the pan while it's frying. Then between two slices of toast..........class.

Think I'll go do one now!