a really good day

aauser

well guys,

Today i have popped my 100 bird cherry. we shot over some disced up peas .plenty of birds flying all over the place ,and there was two really strong flight lines,so we flagged the field off to get the birds where we wanted them ,and set up under the busyest flight line,using 20 dead birds one rotater, two floaters and two low down angels, right from the word off they played ball with some exellent passing shots and dropping straight in birds WHAT A DAY!!!!plus my firearms licence has come ,thinking of having a go on the lotto!!!!!!

we ended the day with 192 birds picked

AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

well guys,

Today i have popped my 100 bird cherry. we shot over some disced up peas .plenty of birds flying all over the place ,and there was two really strong flight lines,so we flagged the field off to get the birds where we wanted them ,and set up under the busyest flight line,using 20 dead birds one rotater, two floaters and two low down angels, right from the word off they played ball with some exellent passing shots and dropping straight in birds WHAT A DAY!!!!plus my firearms licence has come ,thinking of having a go on the lotto!!!!!!

AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice one i've yet to get a ton, my day will come i'm sure just need more time to watch the fields damm job gets in the way.. :blush:

well guys,

AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

very good shooting well done you must be one very happy guy

atb dolphin

kinda sad to see that to some it seems to be all about the numbers, and not just being out and getting a shot

So would you rather sit in a hide all day and get 5 birds or see your recce work and decoy presentation pay off and have 190 odd birds...I know what i'd rather.

Edited by ozzy518

So would you rather sit in a hide all day and get 5 birds or see your recce work and decoy presentation pay off and have 190 odd birds...I know what i'd rather.

for starters yes i would be happy with 5 birds if they had been nice shots and cleanly killed, oh and i will never shoot 190 no matter how many pigeons i see. once i get to 35 to 40 i say well thats a nice bag, and it is slow painstaking stuff plucking and cleaning 30 pigeons leave alone 190! the feathers and innards of 190 pigeons would take some getting rid off.

Well I hope that you shoot over your own land then. Most farmers allow shooters onto the land because they want the pigeons shot, as many as possible, to protect the crops - thier livlihood. I don't think many would be too chuffed if I was just to shoot a few then pack it in because I've had a nice day and can't be doing with preparing the birds. In fact, I would guess that my welcome on the land i shoot would be quite short.

I am shooting pigeons because I enjoy it, I love being outside, and the Farmer wants me to kill the pigeons. I will happily shoot every pigeon that comes into my pattern regardless of the number...the more the better :look:

All my shot birds go to a game dealer anyway as they are so I dont have to prepare them.

Edited by ozzy518

Well I hope that you shoot over your own land then. Most farmers allow shooters onto the land because they want the pigeons shot, as many as possible, to protect the crops - thier livlihood. I don't think many would be too chuffed if I was just to shoot a few then pack it in because I've had a nice day and can't be doing with preparing the birds. In fact, I would guess that my welcome on the land i shoot would be quite short.

I am shooting pigeons because I enjoy it, I love being outside, and the Farmer wants me to kill the pigeons. I will happily shoot every pigeon that comes into my pattern regardless of the number...the more the better :look:

All my shot birds go to a game dealer anyway as they are so I dont have to prepare them.

luckily any farmers who let me shoot dont instruct me kill every pigeon i see and i have shot in some places for 15 years and have never heard this said to me. and i enjoy my shooting too, i just have a very different outlook on it, im a pothunter, not a vermin controller as many pigeon men like to be classed nowadays. sadly also an awful lot of birds dont make it near a gamedealer, they end up in the hedge. you have your opinion on shooting, i have mine

luckily any farmers who let me shoot dont instruct me kill every pigeon i see and i have shot in some places for 15 years and have never heard this said to me. and i enjoy my shooting too, i just have a very different outlook on it, im a pothunter, not a vermin controller as many pigeon men like to be classed nowadays. sadly also an awful lot of birds dont make it near a gamedealer, they end up in the hedge. you have your opinion on shooting, i have mine

quite right everyone to there own but to me it is a numbers game.

i'm pretty sure that the 'General Licence' AKA 'Pest list' is not actually a permit to shoot as many birds as you can, i believe that you have to take resonable steps to 'scare' the birds off before you can actually shoot any??? please feel free to correct me on this.

on my permission all i have to do is sit there for a few hours shoot a couple of birds out of the bigger gangs and leave them where they landed (as long as they are dead) and thats the field clear for a good few days before i get to go out again and bag a few more for the table.

And this IS of course as long as the bangers and flags arn't stopping them.

Too many people these days seem to shoot just for fun and have forgotten about shooting for food.

And as for competitions on shooting BIG bags of 100+ thats just disgusting. My grandad will be turning in his grave.

well i feel better after getting that off my chest. I wish you all happy responsible shooting