"extend" weaver mount .223..?!

jonesbach

hi guys. recently bought a simmons WTC to fit on my .223, but when ive gone to fit it, the area where the mounts would normally go is too short. Is there anything i can buy to "extend" the front weaver rail back for me to mount this scope?!

Thanks

jonesbach! :look:

sorry mate i dont get your thread. so you have weaver mounts and have you got them on weaver 2 piece bases ? and thats why you cant bring your scope back enough for your eye to get good view ?

if thats the case get a weaver rail for the rifle. then you will have more slots to pick from. which as you no this will let you mount the scope back closer to you.

Edited by jamie g

It would help if we knew what rifle this was for. Weaver do make a range of one piece bases http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_bases/bases/tactical.aspx

This has a listing of bases by rifle manufacturer.... http://www.weaveroptics.com/mountcharts/default.aspx they are aluminium so its easy enough to add extra holes if you can't find one that fits exactly.

yes its an RWS TITAN 3 .223. cant seem to find replacement weaver base for them even on some American sites. like you say, they probably adopt the base from another rifle, i just don't know which. I've looked at the Picatinny rail Steve, looks like it could suit, just wasn't sure if the holes would match up to the existing ones or may have to modify. nothing is ever simple eh!lol!

the simmons ive bought has a shorter distance of tube to fit to. (need to take a pic and post it) when i fit the mounts to the scope, if the rear mount sits in the slot of the weaver base then the front mount is about an inch from the front base. i need the bases to be closer together or just have one rail. annoying really as i though most scopes would be reasonably standard fitting wise!aaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!! :yes:

yeh, sportsmatch do a ring that reaches back (£30) and also a weaver extended base (£30) wasnt intending to spend that extra again but may have to! first option is what steve b suggested, picatinny rail from ant supplies £8...! see how it goes!

Will Weaver rings fit a pictany rail , ie are the dovetails the same ?

Dave

update...

received the picatinny rail but still not long enough to reach over the action and be screwed down. longest they had was 5.5 inches and i needed 6.5 inches(no sniggering please! :good: ).

now looking for what model i will need for an extended weaver base as i need to match up the tapped holes to accept the base. other than that, its a £30 mount from sportsmatch....boooo! :blink:

wonder how steve b got on with his?

• 1 month later...

update...

Purchased maxima warne weaver extension base to suit rem 700 and sauer 202(same size for future reference!) from BRownells in USA. s/man gun centre wanted £35 for this item delivered and i paid £15 in total to import..work that out!

Scope now fits and will have a trial on friday!