A look out with the Rimmy

Luckyshot

Had a look out last night for a couple of hours, on pulling upto the enterance of the horse paddock I could see that it was going to be a good night. I was shooting on my own whilst driving the Landy working the roof mounted lamp and shooting not the easiest but manageable. Driving the first lap of the two fields I shot 12 rabbits all around 40-50yrds pretty easy shots from a steady shooting position. After the first lap I decieded to park up at the top corner of the largest field and sit and wait for them to come back out, a good plan as I managed to shoot another 10 before they decieded it was too dangerous to be eating this grass :good: moving down to the smaller of the two fields I shot another 15 before stopping for a cuppa and to give them a chance to settle down again. This time round they were very skittish and I only managed 7 out of a possible 20 they had decieded not to sit around long enough to get a shot off so I called it a night with 44 rabbits to top the freezer up with.

post-12981-1287179639.jpg

Nice bag mate.HMR or .22?

22 mate, out with the HMR tonight will post the results later

As promised went out tonight to a different permission this time took my mate along to work the lamp much easier than trying to do 3 different things at once. There wasnt many rabbits about tonight but I managed to shoot 33 which wasnt that good for this farm but it was still a good night.

post-12981-1287279001.jpg

Forgot camera tonight so took the picture in the shed, bloody heavy bread tray took some carrying aswell ;)