Dented Hornet case

Shippy - you mean all the reloading terms? You'll pick it up fairly quickly if you read up on it. I'm a right sad act, I spend probably a couple of hours a day reading random shooting stuff so it comes to me fairly easily! When I first started out here I remember Markbivvy having a small fit over my question of whether the .22wmr and .22lr cases could be fired in a standard .22lr chamber! I was completely clueless.

If you're interested in it you will learn, it's as simple as that. It always takes a little time though. :good:

Well! could it?

have you shot the ****** yet.

I was just checking in to see if he had.

Well! have ya, have ya? did it go pop?

Having now seen it its definatly not through the reloading prosess, unless you have some rubbish rammed up the press, which i am sure you would have noticed before now.

If its just the one dont worry about it, what i would worry about though is the amount of steel wool still stuck around the case mouth- rammed under the bullet, By all means use to to prep your cases but i would clean my cases before the next stage ie; priming :good:

It isn't a dent caused by trying to stuff the 6th round in to a 5 shot CZ mag is it.

If it is then it must have been pushed pretty hard! I've done that too with all sorts of stuff. The best one was when a range officer at the club I was learning at said the club CZ mag would hold ten rounds of .22lr. Well I pressed that hard I got six into the five round mag and none of them were usable after! :good:

I haven't got the gun yet! Here's a picture. Having looked at it again I'd say the rim of another case has been pressed against it quite hard? I recon it'll fire out..... Hey Phil, fancy a go on this new gun of mine? :good:

DSCF0599.jpg

Drop it by me, and I'll fire it! Then the thread can be closed.

this case damage is not made from using a reloading press . it looks like to me damage from trying to load 2 bullets at the same time . i hold my hands up i have done the same on 22lr rounds before. so yes it will fire fine ,just inspect the case afterwards but i would throw it away . case closed :good: