Land Rover Discovery

paddywack12

Have just got myself a 94 discovery commercial to use at weekends as my shoot bus.

The only problem I have with it is that the passenger window dont work.( Its a manual winder not electric)

Does anyone know how to fix or the best place to look? There appears to be be hundreds of landy forums but I dont know where to start.

Thanx

Get yourself onto Landyzone, very useful bunch on there and sure you wil get your answer pretty quickly :rolleyes:

Is it possible that the spline on the inside of the handle has worn as they are only plastic? May be that the handle is turning but not engaging with anything.

If not then it will be an internal problem and you will need to strip the door panel off and have a look inside. Could be that the glass has slipped the runner or the winding mechanism is not engaging on the inside, but I don't know the layout of this model so can't offer anything else I'm afraid.

Shouldn't be too much trouble to sort as long as you can get at the parts.

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced the mechanism on my defender countless times. I think land rover really made them cheap.. My window wouldn't go up or down but it sounded like a rachet not catching, offering little resistance. If your disco is similar just take the hit and replace the mechanism. It's pretty straight forward. Just make sure its the right side as paddocks sent me two right sides therefore I spent needless hours wondwering why it wouldn't fit.

I replaced the mechanism on my defender countless times. I think land rover really made them cheap.. My window wouldn't go up or down but it sounded like a rachet not catching, offering little resistance. If your disco is similar just take the hit and replace the mechanism. It's pretty straight forward. Just make sure its the right side as paddocks sent me two right sides therefore I spent needless hours wondwering why it wouldn't fit.

Try here, http://www.gibsonsautos.co.uk/ just got 2 from them today at £7.50 each plus vat.