Rabbit #2

stirky

479 yards.....

That sounded rather like a 17HMR, if it was then are we sure that it was 479 yards?It certainly looks like it could have ben when the camera zoomed back out but for a 17HMR (If that is what it is) that would be an incredible shot to pull off!

It would be interesting to hear from the shooter about what rifle and set up he is using! There is less than half a second between the rifle being fired and the bullet impacting with the rabbit, I'm not sure how that equates on a balistics chart.

Edited by Frenchieboy

That shot was taken with my 6x47 lapua, its based on a savage single shot target action, and a 1-8 twist truflite barrel with a predator sound moderater, mounted on a sharp shooter supplies laminate stock.

Its shooting 75gr to 105gr bullets very well, a bit of a lump to carry about but very nice to get laid out and selecting good shots to crack at.

• 4 months later...

That shot was taken with my 6x47 lapua, its based on a savage single shot target action, and a 1-8 twist truflite barrel with a predator sound moderater, mounted on a sharp shooter supplies laminate stock.

Its shooting 75gr to 105gr bullets very well, a bit of a lump to carry about but very nice to get laid out and selecting good shots to crack at.

That my good man was a cracking shot, with a truly good set up B)

• 1 month later...