I've got permission!

OddJob

Rather chuffed, just managed to get some permisson meaning I can apply for my FAC! Always wanted to get it but never had the land, but after having a chat with the head master of the school I work at he is happy for me to control the rabbits making a mess of the playing fields.

Anything I really need to know before I go ahead with it? I'm going to use one of teh drafted letters and then get out with a chap who shoots near by to pick up some experience.

Happy days! :blink:

headteachers dont usually have the right to say you can shoot, unless its a private school and they own the land :blink:

maybe worth checking with the local council!?

is the field suitable for rifle shooting??? most schoolfields around here definatly arent (even when the kids arent there)

a friend of myne has rifle for bunnys and has ferreted the local school field for years, but the feo wont clear the field for rifles

Edited by TJ91

headteachers dont usually have the right to say you can shoot, unless its a private school and they own the land :blink:

maybe worth checking with the local council!?

is the field suitable for rifle shooting??? most schoolfields around here definatly arent (even when the kids arent there)

a friend of myne has rifle for bunnys and has ferreted the local school field for years, but the feo wont clear the field for rifles

Well done Neal

Good luck with it I hope all goes well.

bakerboy

With a new FAC you will need land that has been passed for the calibre or put the land down to be checked, if this is your only permission go carefully and don't get your hopes up to much and keep looking for more shooting.

It maybe a good idea to talk to your local firearm dept/FEO about the situation, it could be that its suitable for an FAC air rifle.

Pity your not in my area, I would take you out for a bit of experience.

Don't mean to put a dappener on your good news, just being realistic.

But Good luck with it and do keep us posted with your progress.

Thanks chaps, it's good to know how it all works as I am new to it. There is another chap who occassionally shoots on there who I am going to speak to. I had prepared the ground with him before even asking so as not to poach his land. It is a suitable place to shoot being a rural school.

I do have a letter out at another farmer whom I know, just waiting to hear back from him at some point as well. Good idea about giving the FEO a call before I get all the paperwork squared away.

OddJob mate, I wish you luck but I think you might have a few problems getting a playing field cleared for using FAC catagory rifles (With the exception of maybe an FAC Air Rifle) as they are usually very flat with very little to offer in the way of safe backstops. Maybe your best bet would be to get out and about and try your best to get a farmer to give you permission which would get passed for FAC Rifle use!

I do hope your FAC application goes well for you, please keep us informed! :good:

Depends a lot on the school I played rugby against a few schools that had on site rifle ranges and clay grounds (my school had a .22 range but was a caretakers shed by the time i went. Well done, now see if you can get the kitchens to serve rabbit...

Depends a lot on the school I played rugby against a few schools that had on site rifle ranges and clay grounds (my school had a .22 range but was a caretakers shed by the time i went. Well done, now see if you can get the kitchens to serve rabbit...

im a school caretaker, i was thinking about asking permission to go on shooting rats as the school i work in is up in the hills, would i still have the same issue ,as i know i would deffo get the permission to do so.

<!--quoteo(post=1229411:date=Nov 7 2010, 07:20 PM:name=HDAV)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HDAV @ Nov 7 2010, 07:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1229411"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Depends a lot on the school I played rugby against a few schools that had on site rifle ranges and clay grounds (my school had a .22 range but was a caretakers shed by the time i went. Well done, now see if you can get the kitchens to serve rabbit...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

im a school caretaker, i was thinking about asking permission to go on shooting rats as the school i work in is up in the hills, would i still have the same issue ,as i know i would deffo get the permission to do so.

Hi Mate, can't see why you should have any problems as you would not require an FAC just for rats.

They would of had a bank built up at the end of the field to act as a safe back stop..they do on the school near here that have a range for cadets and the like

if the school in question has a safe backstop it may well work out ok

good luck

• 1 year later...