glasses

moxey

hi moxey. there is a good set of shooting glasses called high scorers with 3 lenses, which are around 80 quid i think. they sit nice and high on your head, some shooters prefer this. i use a a set of glasses called decot from america and have done for past 3 years for the reason they are the hi wide type like the high scorers. i dont like wrap around type of oakleys etc. as for them pilla glasses, (formerly hidefspex) they are a rip off in my opinion. at end of day you just want a good set that you see clearly through. the glasses dont do the shooting for you. im sure there are many other brands cheaper than 80 quid also. good luck

hi moxey. there is a good set of shooting glasses called high scorers with 3 lenses, which are around 80 quid i think. they sit nice and high on your head, some shooters prefer this. i use a a set of glasses called decot from america and have done for past 3 years for the reason they are the hi wide type like the high scorers. i dont like wrap around type of oakleys etc. as for them pilla glasses, (formerly hidefspex) they are a rip off in my opinion. at end of day you just want a good set that you see clearly through. the glasses dont do the shooting for you. im sure there are many other brands cheaper than 80 quid also. good luck

cheers mr82

who makes them an any idea where i can find them on a web site please

cheers for the reply mox

mox as nitrox says chris potter sells them. visit his site at www.gun.co.uk or if you fancy decot glasses just type decot hy wyd into google. though they are harder to come by over here i reckon

cheers to you both for the replies, been on chris p site,they luck well tidy, thanks again cheers mox

I have got the top gun specs from the links above and I am more than happy with them.

Robust carry case is a bonus, but the most important thing for me is that I dont see any of the frame when I am shooting. The only 2 lenses I use are the yellow in flat light, and the tinted in sunshine. Not sure when the red should be used.

Edited by boarder

There is nowt wrong with Topgun specs. Even the basic ones work well enough and have a good choice of lens colours. I used nothing else for over a year and was never stuck for the right contrast and brightness choice.

Their 5 spec set looks very good value for money.

I must admit I do use Oakley's now. Expensive but excellent and a massive choice of lenses to confuse you.

I think they are much better value than HiDefSpex too.

Best thing is to try a few options before committing your cash.

• 3 weeks later...

Also ESS - ICE owned by Oakley, military approved and reasonably priced. Shop around 'cos prices vary. Colour choice is what works for you - I use a light/medium orange and a brown for v.bright light

FWIW steer clear of those without the safety approval markings ..

This site has a description of a fair range of them .. but not all.

safetyglassesusa.com