Loose Hevi Shot??

Guest cookoff013

dont forget there a several types of tungsten shot.

hevishot is alloy blend tungsten type.

iron tungsten matrix is sinter type. has a polymer binder.

both the loading data are not interchangeable. make sure you get what you ask for.

Thanks for the info guys :rolleyes: I actually just found a couple of suppliers.... And not cheep is the word!!!

Any other non tox shot that anyone has tried and would suggest as a good alternative???

And DON'T say STEEL!!! :o I've tried loads of different brands of factory made and home load and I'd rather not shoot :no: than fire that at any living animal. (and no I don't shoot out to ridiculous ranges).

Edited by AceBrad

Im surprised you cant get on with steel shot, i do reload for a few old guns but usually shoot steel

factory ammo through my extrema, winchester drylok for foreshore ducks and remmingtons 3.5s for the

geese, keep your range ok and them remmingtons do the job even though some are poor on the finish of

the crimp. ive tried powershot which clay and game sell very good stuff for foreshore geese, itx is

ok for the old guns because you can push it through any choke, same as itm but still make sure you

have some type of a wrap to protect your barrel in the old damascus guns.

regard bob.

you can not home load hevishot cheeper than LYALVALE sell theres for! sit and do the mathes £120 =2.5 kg powershot thats £1.20 for 25grams +wads powder and primers to load a 36gram home load costs around £25 for ten

Yep your not wrong :good: .... thing is they are a nightmare to get hold of in 20 bore anyway but I was going to experiment with 3" for the 20. but like you say, the price is rediculous.

Being fare it is on most non lead based shot.

Shop bought ones it is then I guess.

Maybe it's a idea I'll just chuck on the back burner for a few years untill that lottery win I'm owed :lol:

Acebrad thee is nothing wrong with big steel loads as long as you learn how to use it. For geese , big pellets Ie BB or BBB in a turkey choke at .700 ( full lead choke ) will kill geese up to 50 yards ( killed 6 foreshore pinks for 9 shots the other day with Drylock BBB), but no further. Do not attempt to use them in normal steel chokes as the pattern is all over the place.

As for duck shooting gamebore Mammonths in 3s is comparable to a game lead load and plenty good enough for duck to 45 yards.

Costs - the 3.5 inch 1 9\16th oz Winchester drylock were 80p per shell and the 3 inch 1 1\4 oz mammoths were 24p per shell.

Edited by anser2

Guest cookoff013

Acebrad thee is nothing wrong with big steel loads as long as you learn how to use it. For geese , big pellets Ie BB or BBB in a turkey choke at .700 ( full lead choke ) will kill geese up to 50 yards ( killed 6 foreshore pinks for 9 shots the other day with Drylock BBB), but no further. Do not attempt to use them in normal steel chokes as the pattern is all over the place.

As for duck shooting gamebore Mammonths in 3s is comparable to a game lead load and plenty good enough for duck to 45 yards.

Costs - the 3.5 inch 1 9\16th oz Winchester drylock were 80p per shell and the 3 inch 1 1\4 oz mammoths were 24p per shell.

these are american cartridges and have a relaxed view on the speed, they conform to saami specifications. but not cip, they are just too fast.

more speed = more energy = better performance.