What happened to 'GB Sights'?

badsworth

Does anyone know what happened to GB Sights? They used to sell a very promising digital add-on Night Vision Scope that looked like a winner. Now that I have the money I went to their web page - www.gbsights.co.uk to find that it has gone.

Perhaps someone on the forum knows if they have changed the company name or website? What about anyone who has bought one of their products and needs support?

Please let us know.

Badsworth

Don't know about the site/company, but take a look at the Cobra Merlin with DSA. It's excellent.

Steve.

I am considering the Merlin, and it does have some good points (one of which is that the company is well established and I could get repairs/problems resolved), but it is not a digital sight and suffers from all the fragility/tube life issues that affect traditional NV scopes. I haven't dismissed it though!

B

I am considering the Merlin, and it does have some good points (one of which is that the company is well established and I could get repairs/problems resolved), but it is not a digital sight and suffers from all the fragility/tube life issues that affect traditional NV scopes. I haven't dismissed it though!

B

True, it;s not digital, but must not be compared to the 'stuff' that Lidl's /Aldi's sell. It is in my opinion, a GEN1+. Like most things in life, if it's looked after, it should last me many years. I use mine on my .243, with added IR light being provided by a scope mounted Blaserlite with IR filter attached.