parcel farce

kdubya

Most of the courier companies such as DHL, Parcelforce etc are still not doing domestic deliveries ie private adresses as a lot of the roads are ungritted. The transport manager has to make a decission does he send a van to an address on a country lane for one parcel and risk the van getting stuck and off the radar until its recovered or concentrate on deliveries that would guarantee to be delivered.

I myself at the moment am refusing point blank any deliveries in the North East and Scotland, its just not worth the risk.

DHL has a huge hub in Hatfield and they are rushed off thier feet there trying to cope with the massive backlog of parcels.

I asked the TM in there the other day about where they where delivering to he replied Put it this way mate I would not ask my drivers to go anywhere that I would not go myself and at the moment thats plenty of places.

Maybe we should be blaming the local councils who are treating grit like gold dust and not putting it on the roads. And not the courier companies who at this time of year are pretty stretched anyway.

Edited by Snap Cap

Wonders never cease I got my parcel yesterday, was in bed after a 12 hour nightshift spent outside thawing everything and anything that had frozen and stopped giving readings, so I never managed to thank him for his heroic efforts.

KW

nice to hear its all getting back to normal, having had a driver take 3 days on a dedicated run up to Glasgow and back to London fortunately the customer was understanding, had he not been there was F all I could do about it anyway, our magic carpets are in being serviced :oops: