Lathe Made Keyrings

ride4fun

Just testing the water to see if anyone would be interested-

Recently started a new engeneering apprentaship and have nearly completed my cource for turning, and wondered what i could make to make myself some extra cash. (pay not being the best in the world)...

... so i was browsing through google and found someone else on here had made some shotgun cartridge and air rifle pellet keyrings which looked pretty smart.

Heres my bash at it.

.The air rifle pellet is made from steel but in future will be made of aluminum to save weight as it is pretty heavy

.The cartridge body is made from steel and the head is brass, but in future the body will be made of ally for the same reasons

.The black one is made from plastic and aluminum, which unscrews so you can put things inside.

Im thinking they could be put on keys or on the zips on gun bags or cartridge bags ect...

estimate prices-

£10 each inc postage.

if you could be interested just post

many thanks ant

post-23377-0-55756800-1292002616.jpg

Guest rimotu66

Fair play to you Ant, nice to see a young man having a go for himself :good:

I'll have a alloy and brass one if you ever do some, could these also be screwed?

Just a thought mate, make sure your ok to do these at work, I would feel awefull if you lost your apprenteship for making me one :hmm:

Edited by rimotu66

Fair play to you Ant, nice to see a young man having a go for himself :good:

I'll have a alloy and brass one if you ever do some, could these also be screwed?

Just a thought mate, make sure your ok to do these at work, I would feel awefull if you lost your apprenteship for making me one :hmm:

yes i can if thats what you want mate, and no they will not be made in working time, i will go down in the weekends and make them

thanks ant

Can I put my name down for one of the alloy/brass ones too please....even better if the top screws of. I bet they will polish up nice

yes mate no probs, the ones i have done were the first and to be honest they are not the best they can be. the ally will give a lot better finish for the metal cartridge and i will give them a polish before i send them out.

many thanks ant.

Dog whistle is approx 3.5 inches long so if it was between 3.5 and 4 inches long you could fit a whistle inside and hopefully enough room to drop the lanyard around it.....just thinking i normally have my dog whistles wrapped around the rear view mirror but how better to have it tucked away in one of these on your key ring

let me know how much etc

Cheers Ian

Dog whistle is approx 3.5 inches long so if it was between 3.5 and 4 inches long you could fit a whistle inside and hopefully enough room to drop the lanyard around it.....just thinking i normally have my dog whistles wrapped around the rear view mirror but how better to have it tucked away in one of these on your key ring

let me know how much etc

Cheers Ian

yes that sounds fine.

i know it may sound stupid but how wide is a whistle at the widest part? obviously this is pretty vital to know.

and same price mate unless i have to order different material, will let you know either way

many thanks ant

yes that sounds fine.

i know it may sound stupid but how wide is a whistle at the widest part? obviously this is pretty vital to know.

and same price mate unless i have to order different material, will let you know either way

many thanks ant

They are only about 1cm in width to be honest so if you are basing these on a normal size cartridge but say 4 inches long i would of thought you could get the lanyard in side as well as the whistle..i think

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

got some materials to make the keyrings you have all asked for. got one done today and will put up some pics for you to have a look at (although these really dont do them justice).

also ive made some smaller air pellets which will be £5 and ive got 10

il try and get some done tomorrow otherwiwse it will be after i go back to work.

many thanks ant

post-23377-0-85177600-1292955970.jpg