Oh No here we go

Chally2

Countryfile waqs re-invented a couple of years ago following falling viewing figures. They brought in some male and female totty and turned their attentions to the wannabe country folk who pop in from the towns and cities to do a bit of 'extreme sports' :rolleyes: and then drive back to their dockside apartments to sip latte and tell everyone how wonderful it is "out there in the sticks". Hence the stupid irresponsible features on minor activities like river walking and swimming across lakes to continue your hike. That and the cosy sensationalism of John Craven's appeal to old folk who remember what it was and are appalled at how it has changed in the forty years since they last visited the countryside form the backbone of the program. Throw in a bit of Adam's Theme Farm (sponsored by the Wild Breeds Charities) and there you have it; the countryside all wrapped up, sanitised and presented so as not to offend townies.

Horses, pushrods and joggers shouldnt be allowed on the roads if 4x4s arent allowed on green lanes

horses/riders going side by side chattering away along a narrow country lane, slowing me down to 5mph while a wagon coming the other way creeps past at 5mph..hows that right?

i have never seen any tax discs on horses

if they can come on our roads, we should be allowed on thers!

If it was A rogue user there wouldn't be an issue, we get a mix of hard core 4x4's and trail bikes and quads. Bearing in mind the farm is fairly close to Luton I'd actually say we don't get any that aren't being a pain in the backside. From a crime point of view its the only access to 3 farms that isn't secure so the route the coursers use to get in. The "caravan" access had been stopped with a prohibition notice which pretty much stopped any "legitimate" use as its now a dead end. And the trail bikes and quads that go at high speed terrifying the horse riders and general public don't really need much slating. More use of prohibition notices and ability to shut green lanes that are a problem would help. Some areas its fine but here its a pain in the backside

So what if your shooting even though was legitimate and within the law.

But was terrifying a horse on bridleway due to noise of your shots and worrying the public .

Do you think they should have right to see your shooting banned .

As its some thing thy dont like :hmm:

Regards OTH

So what if your shooting even though was legitimate and within the law.

But was terrifying a horse on bridleway due to noise of your shots and worrying the public .

Do you think they should have right to see your shooting banned .

As its some thing thy dont like :hmm:

Regards OTH

If you were within 50 feet and they were on a byway then I believe you would be committing an offence anyway ;)

I have shot at a clay ground which is near a stables when shooting they stop if a horse is on the road that runs along side the ground (more than 50 yards away) out of courtesy to the rider... why cant people just be civil? cars slow for horses, horses stop for walkers (who put dogs on leads when they see a horse) 4x4 keep to the ruts and leave a firm edge or centre. Idiots doing anything will pee people off and the middle class suburnaites seem to hate everyone who does something different to what they like to do.....

Horses, pushrods and joggers shouldnt be allowed on the roads if 4x4s arent allowed on green lanes

horses/riders going side by side chattering away along a narrow country lane, slowing me down to 5mph while a wagon coming the other way creeps past at 5mph..hows that right?

i have never seen any tax discs on horses

if they can come on our roads, we should be allowed on thers!

I think that you'll find that the motorist is the last one to arrive on the scene. It was the pedestrian and horse rider's right of way long before 4WDs became toys rather than necessary transport. And It's OK saying that 'I should be allowed..' on the basis that you claim to be a responsible user, but what about all those who don't give a to$$ about others? How do you discriminate?

Whether you agree or not there are thousands of green laners who use these areas as a location for their enjoyment, ruin the area for others and then bu99er off home without considering the environmental or economic cost of their use of the lanes.

Same with cyclists. How many give way to pedestrians on footpaths as per the Highway Code? I can only remember one - a Swede. All the others career through expecting pedestrians with their dogs and children to get out of their way.

I am confused as some seem to think its wrong to use a 4X4 on public byway legally because it not liked by others or is misused by rogue users.

But if we take that stance then its clear that our shooting is disliked by others because we kill things,also we drive 4x4 accross areas others would deem natural and we our damaging the landscape and killing wildlife.

So going on that I ask if others asked you to stop shooting becasue you are killing natures animals would you .

Regards OTH

I am confused as some seem to think its wrong to use a 4X4 on public byway legally because it not liked by others or is misused by rogue users.

But if we take that stance then its clear that our shooting is disliked by others because we kill things,also we drive 4x4 accross areas others would deem natural and we our damaging the landscape and killing wildlife.

So going on that I ask if others asked you to stop shooting becasue you are killing natures animals would you .

Regards OTH

I am not confused. The law allows use of motor vehicles on green lanes. Another law (The Police Reform Act) legislates against antisocial behaviour caused by motorists. A farmer or landowner responsibly using a green lane to access land or livestock would not fall foul of legislation. A convoy of 4WDs using the lanes purely for pleasure and damaging the road surface, or causing unnecessary disturbance to other users of the lanes would.