Bathroom Sealer

Marcus

I seem to be forever replacing the sealer around the shower base despite buying the expensive stuff out of B&Q. It always ends up going moldy after 6/8 months or so.

Are there any bathroom fitters / tilers on here that can recommend a good one to use and where it can be bought.

Thanks

Remove all old sealant then clean all surfaces with bleach leave for one or two hours then clean again with bleach

Leave overnight and when all surfaces are dry use a good silicone sealer with anti mould something like this.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/56348/Sealants-Adhesives/Sealants/Sanitary-Sealants/UniBond-Anti-Mould-Sanitary-Sealant-Ivory

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes the ensuite is cleaned at least once a week. Window trickle vent open always, window locked 'open' if you know what I mean to aid air flow. Also have an extractor in there, but this isnt used much if Im honest.

I will give the Grot Buster a go first, see what it does.

The shower does get used alot, min 2 sometimes 4 times a day depending on who's home etc so its constantly wet in there which I expect is the problem.

Its just a pet hate of mine, I like it clean with no mold.