new and need advice please

new shot

hi all,

new to shooting and would like advice please.

just got a beretta universal and 250 gamebore carts fibre wad.

as my gun is fixed choke am i limited with it? does any one own

a universal? are semi autos popular for clays?And finally

fibre wad cartridges any performance issues from plastic?

live herts essex border..

Edited by new shot

Is this the beretta the 686 silver pigeon universal, if so it is chocked at a 1/4 and a 1/2, which a lot of people recomend for most things. One advantage of fixed choked you don't have to mess about changing chokes or having to take them out to clean them.

Semi autos are popular for clays and other shooting, where they are disliked is on game shoots. Some people prefer them for the reduced recoil. Though myself I don't recomend them for some who is just starting out shooting due to the safety aspect (others may disagree with me on this point), I do own a semi myself and enjoy using it.

Fibre wad or plastic wad can be down to a personal preferance and also the grounds where you shoot, as some grounds I use ban plastic wad I only use fibre wads, and they are greener for the enviroment. By sticking to just type of wad ie fibre, it saves having to stock both types one for grounds that only allow fibre. Although plastic wads are slightly cheaper than fibre. There mmay be a benifit to use plastic wads when shooting at a distance.

Is this the beretta the 686 silver pigeon universal, if so it is chocked at a 1/4 and a 1/2, which a lot of people recomend for most things. One advantage of fixed choked you don't have to mess about changing chokes or having to take them out to clean them.

Semi autos are popular for clays and other shooting, where they are disliked is on game shoots. Some people prefer them for the reduced recoil. Though myself I don't recomend them for some who is just starting out shooting due to the safety aspect (others may disagree with me on this point), I do own a semi myself and enjoy using it.

Fibre wad or plastic wad can be down to a personal preferance and also the grounds where you shoot, as some grounds I use ban plastic wad I only use fibre wads, and they are greener for the enviroment. By sticking to just type of wad ie fibre, it saves having to stock both types one for grounds that only allow fibre. Although plastic wads are slightly cheaper than fibre. There mmay be a benifit to use plastic wads when shooting at a distance.