Cumberland fox call

tommy trucker

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been calling foxes with this type of call for over 6yrs now. Starting with the andre georgescu whistle this could be really hard to master for some but i got it straight away. i told everyone on ere to get one if they shot foxes a few did a few failed to even get the call to work.

the cumberland call is a whistle type call but a bit easier to use it still needs some time spent on it to master it but once you can get the basic squeal going then you can squeeze the blades together to varie the pitch of the call (you cant do this with other types)

you also can call while on your rifle (hands free)with practice :good: just to get charlie in a bit closer.

if anyone is interested in some of my experience with this type of call you can read the following (sorry but most of my pics have gone)

CLICK HERE

tell me about it mangaged to get out of bed a 5pm today had no choice or I would have **** myself, staying awake to watch this eves game( fortunately I can watch in bed) managed to keep something down so looking better,chest feels like a horse has kicked it,day 5 now and still feel like death would be a suitable alternative.

KW

I got one of the originals on your recommendations could not get it to work properly so if i remember right MAGMAN has it on permanent loan :lol: :lol: :P

Would like details of this one Tommy please.. :D

I got one of the originals on your recommendations could not get it to work properly so if i remember right MAGMAN has it on permanent loan :lol: :lol: :P

Would like details of this one Tommy please.. :D

Thats right mike :yes: works well for me ;) follow tommys clip and don't blow , breath :good:

follow tommys clip and don't blow , breath :good:

I have been trying that since it arrived, several mates have had a go as well.

Nothing at all, for any of us, it is not as easy as the clip makes out.

I will persevere for a while, but I'm losing the will now :blush:

Neil.

after getting caller and several attempts of getting some sort of note out of it (started sounding something like a drowning crow lol)i started to think what a load of rubbish this is a piece of plastic with a couple of holes in but with a slight adjustment of the tongue it let out this almighty squeal .As pleased as punch that i had got it to work i took it with me to go check the sheep across the feilds .it was about 3pm and as i was walking across the fields thought id try the caller spent a good few minutes calling, changing the sound by pinching the end and low and behold charlie appeared through the hedge 10 yards in front of me.next time i will have the gun with me !!!!! perseverance with this call is needed and im sure it will pay off thanks tommy atb pete :D:good: :good:

after getting caller and several attempts of getting some sort of note out of it (started sounding something like a drowning crow lol)i started to think what a load of rubbish this is a piece of plastic with a couple of holes in but with a slight adjustment of the tongue it let out this almighty squeal .As pleased as punch that i had got it to work i took it with me to go check the sheep across the feilds .it was about 3pm and as i was walking across the fields thought id try the caller spent a good few minutes calling, changing the sound by pinching the end and low and behold charlie appeared through the hedge 10 yards in front of me.next time i will have the gun with me !!!!! perseverance with this call is needed and im sure it will pay off thanks tommy atb pete :D:good: :good:

pete

sounds like uve got it mate :good: ive said it loads of times but ill say it again there an awesome call just takes some time to master, all our mouths tongues etc are different so can be quite hard to explain how to use them.

there not like a tenterfield as pete has just found out that u can change the pitch of the tones by squeezing the blades together with your lips, this is how they differ from other whistle type calls

pete just remember to put plenty of feeling into your calling.

just a pitty you didnt have your gun with you! next time though eh

tom

Edited by tommy trucker

i was out last night called 2 foxes in with the call videoed 1 or tried to. the cam i used was a pov cam on the side of my head but unbeknown to me was pointing to high so never got alot of footage but you can watch it on youtube, watch it in HD full screen

footage is abit **** but this fox was called into about 30-35 yds and had to be stopped or god knows how close she would of came :o

the footage looks like its a fair distance away but thats because the pov cam has a very wide angle lense a 170deg view

WARNING THIS IS A GRAPHIC VIDEO DO NOT WATCH IF EASILY OFFENDED

CLICK HERE

Edited by tommy trucker

any foxes yet Pete?