off roading

bobby dazzler

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's this two glostershire men having a go at each other?

OK I admit it the Jimny is the 'real fun car' I put a set of snowchains on last winter and had great fun nothing stopped it and being shorter could out do the l200 easy in some places, as was proved on the landrover test track, plus alot cheaper to run. I need the L200 for woodland work with it's load carrying plus a big winch on the back for tree pulling - both have their uses //whats this two gloucestershire men having a go at each other water of a ducks back to me let him get on with it some people it makes really happy :lol:

Edited by bobby dazzler

Some of us dont need a big jucy 4X4 to look big and ''ard'' :lol:

My shooting motor goes everywhere I need it too :yes: even past Nissan Navara's and an L200's which couldn't get up a steep icy/snowy road :lol:

Fitted with 215 75 15 BFG AT's :good:

(2nd picture was Last year in the snow, never got stuck once :good:)

post-11306-0-61722600-1292874633.jpg

post-11306-0-31109200-1292874648.jpg

why have you gone quite BD - not bed time is it????? Sorry if I was taking the hiss

I have had a look in the loft and found one kiddy sledge, one inflatable sledge ( bit like Anne Widdicome) and a few old surf boards and some ski's and size 12 boots = one size fits all.

Back to the Jimny off road, on the shoot we have an old R reg Vitara with std rims and A/T's it really goes everywhere - in places I would not take my L200, only my quad.

the only reason I don't use the Jimny off road is it's my wife's since new 02 reg and she really looks after it - more than can be said about my motor.

i am all right till nine mate then i got to be in bed :lol: i can handle a bit of hiss taking chap no probs my mate who comes shooting with me a fair bit he has an l200 and just fitted some grabbers on it it does the job good thing with them is they have loads of boot space where as i struggle to get my kit in the jimny well i did taken the seats out now sorted :good:

Excellent :good:

Did you fit the caster correction arms too :hmm:

Thinking I might lift mine up a few ''s, just to stop the tyres scuffing the tops of the arches when its fully loaded and on the bumpy stuff :yes:

yes mate it drove **** before

it had pan arm rods, pro comp shocks, correction arms, extended brake lines, extended steering link, bumper brackets because the bottem of the bumper bolts to chassis, new weller 10.50" wheels and sahara tyres. :good:

Some of us dont need a big jucy 4X4 to look big and ''ard'' :lol:

My shooting motor goes everywhere I need it too :yes: even past Nissan Navara's and an L200's which couldn't get up a steep icy/snowy road :lol:

:good: And if it did ever get stuck, you can just pick it up and walk home with it under your arm... :P

i am all right till nine mate then i got to be in bed :lol: i can handle a bit of hiss taking chap no probs my mate who comes shooting with me a fair bit he has an l200 and just fitted some grabbers on it it does the job good thing with them is they have loads of boot space where as i struggle to get my kit in the jimny well i did taken the seats out now sorted :good:

I had Grabbers on my L2OO but did a deal for some part worn BFG A/T's much quiter on the road but not much differance off road. I'm lucky on the L200 as I was given a set of 31x10.5 15" M/T's 'turbos' on a set of alloys may be time to change over if the snow stays. For shooting the Jimny would be great but my wife doesn't want 'dead things' in her jeep. The L200 with it's split back is great for petrol/saws and big 'dead things'.

Let me know how you get on on Cleeve tomorrow, last time their I took my son jump biking

:good: And if it did ever get stuck, you can just pick it up and walk home with it under your arm... :P

Some people just dont have a clue :rolleyes:

You just put the big key in the back, give it a few turns, hop in, let the hand break off and hold tight :good:

Failing that the rear light clusters pull down and 2 bars pull out, lift and walk wheelbarrow stylee :D

Yep the good thing about a Jimny is if it breaks down or needs upgrading it's fully covered for 3 years by 'toys R us' (sorry - couldn't help it)

That's right mate, a 10 year extended warranty is only £3.99 :yes: This year you get a free Cindy doll to sit up front with you too. . . . . . . . . . Bargain :good:

Hey a real AC/DC Jimny owners club - how about meeting up with BD on Cleeve hill for some 'dogging'.

Ok - It's nearly my bed time, so the only way we are going to solve this it to prove this once and for all, is it the man or the motor. time for the Xmas duel - how about meeting up on Cleeve hill for the 'L200 - v - Jimny' christmas sledging competition????? it's ok for the Jimny members to wear their bob the builder helmets