Roe in the Snow

Frenchieboy

I went out today to do my "Santa Run" to the farmers who give me permission to shoot. They all got a bottle of "Christmas Cheer" and were very happy. I am glad that I took a camera with me because I came across these Roe Deer on a permission where I have authorisation to shoot them. I quickly banged off a few shots with the camera, the first being from just 20 yards away as I knew exactly where the deer was and had perfect cover to get to within a nice close range of it. The rest were taken within the following minute and a half!

All in all a very pleasing sight!

post-17172-0-49779300-1292859701.jpg

post-17172-0-23912500-1292859747.jpg

post-17172-0-17525300-1292859795.jpg

Beautiful photos, have you got your variation yet? They look in good condition too.

Hi Gareth. Funnily enough I was on the phone to my Firearms Office just this morning to ask about my variation. The current situation is that all of the paperwork has been with the Issuing Officer since last Monday but unfortunately he has not been in to work for a fair few days as his wife was taken quite ill. Under any other circumstances I might have been a bit annoyed about the huld ups but where someone has a member of their family taken ill then they must give that priority over work so it does not look like my variation will be dealt with till the New Year now. They are sending my FAC back temporarily so that I can get some 17HMR ammunition as I am nearly out or Hornady Red Tips.

I will not hide the fact that I am rather peed off with it but I wish the Issuing Officer's Wife a speedy recovery just as I am sure that anyone else would! I also have to raise my hat to Nicole in the Firearms Office for being so helpful!

If the truth be known (And I am being totally honest here as I do not normally accept defete easily) I am getting very dispondant about the whole situation I am now very close to saying "s*d it" and selling the darned rifle or swapping it for a descent O/U 12 bore as at the moment it seems to be causing more trouble and stress than it is worth!

Lol how many weeks I've been waiting about 7 weeks today for hunberside to check my land for a .22 hornet it's a good job I stocked up on .22lr ammo I'm outta .22WMR rounds thow and guesss what they are coming out on the 23rd of December Haaa so doesn't look like a will get owt back until after the new year, nobody wants to do owt before Xmas and a wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled due to the "terrible weather" so I'm ******.

cracking pics there pete its a shame you could not shoot them with something els. cant belive your force is taking this long its a joke at times. i will have to pop down and shoot them for ya lol :yp: :yp: :yp: all the best pal

Nice offer mate, I'm sure that you would love it if I let you lose with them - Mind you from what I have heard even if I tied one to a gate for you twenty yards the gate post would be in greater danger than the deer! :lol::P:lol: (I really am only joking)

The way things are going with my variation I might get it in time for Christmas - NEXT YEAR :hmm: (If I don't give up on it all together or die of old age) and then there would hopefully be even more Roe as it looks like the two of those does were in season and I happen to know that very fit and hansome Roe Buck keeps a very close eye on things in that area (I'll try to get a few extra "close up" photos of him while we have snow on the ground)! :yes:

Edited by Frenchieboy