Steel

Anyone no of any where doing cheap steel 12g carts looking for 30g 5's or 32g 6's?

All the best

Rob Speakman

Hi rob

do you use them for pigeon shooting?

i ask as i had very very pour results using steel on pigeon. I can sell them to falconers if they are steel shot.

PS sorry i could not help with your question but i don't know anywhere that sell any 12g carts cheap.good luck m8

Hi rob

do you use them for pigeon shooting?

i ask as i had very very pour results using steel on pigeon. I can sell them to falconers if they are steel shot.

PS sorry i could not help with your question but i don't know anywhere that sell any 12g carts cheap.good luck m8

Yes there for pigeon shooting I breed peregrines and goshawks so its free food I prefer lead for pigeons you find the steel sometimes goes straight through and the woodys keep flying. out of intrest what price you getting for them of falconers?

All the best

Rob Speakman

Yes there for pigeon shooting I breed peregrines and goshawks so its free food I prefer lead for pigeons you find the steel sometimes goes straight through and the woodys keep flying. out of intrest what price you getting for them of falconers?

All the best

Rob Speakman

i have not sold any for a long wile as i just don't like steel, when i shot them they would just keep flying mostly with out most of there feathers. this is y i asked,

i was so happy when they had all gone.

i flew goshawks for a long wile.

do you know

Glyn Thomson

Mick Kane

ATB

Colin

As UK poacher says Steel Gamebore 4s and 3s do the job fine out to 40 yards. If anyone has trouble with pigeons flying off after being shot with steel they are shooting at them too far off , using to small pellets or their gun will not handle the steel pellets. gamebore are 4.75 a box at my local gunshop.

Edited by anser2

As UK poacher says Steel Gamebore 4s and 3s do the job fine out to 40 yards. If anyone has trouble with pigeons flying off after being shot with steel they are shooting at them too far off , using to small pellets or their gun will not handle the steel pellets. gamebore are 4.75 a box at my local gunshop.

i was told to use 5s i normally use 6s in lead. and was told you have to use a size choke bigger with steel. browning 425, 30"

and i was not shooting them to far off.

ATB

Colin

Guest cookoff013

reloading steel shells for game is cost effective, i did a cost comparison and for £150 /k for steel #5. now, most shops wont have a large selection of steel shells, and most that are manufactured are poor quality. meaning very slow speed.

if i was to exclusively shoot steel, then 24g for pigeons at 1500fps/1600fps is dooable. it can be cost effective, and have better performance. lots of pigeon shooters are using steel clay shells, because the game shells are too slow. and way more expensive.

i`ve done a few costings and loads, please do a search for them.

some loads would be as expensive (or as cheap as) factory, but the performance and the ****size selection is there.

certainly 5s would be the maximum i`d go for.