new gun

shoot31

HI im new too these forums and would like your thoughts on my question please.....ive shot from the age of 7 im now 27"well in a few days lol....i would like to buy a new beretta and im toying with the idea of buying a 687 silver pigeon 5 in 28 gauge..will this be any good for decoying/roost shooting? i also shoot pheasant and woodcock but mainly pigeons on rape and stuble....ive always shot a 12 gauge up until now"well still do......my thoughts on the 28 bore will be a joy too shoot,wel i hope so anyway..thanx

Our shoot captain shoots 28 - and very effectively as well.

Bare in mind, are you a average shot or a very good one?

I think You have to be a very good shot to shoot 28, it is as effective as a 12, of that there is no doubt, it will kill, and kill well if you are upto it.

I have often thought about going down that road, but if I am honest, after using one a couple of times I am not quite good enough.

Great caliber though :good:

HI GUYS.....thnx for all your thoughts,i have been too my local gun shop today and have upgraded my gun to a perenia 3 game scene 30 inch multi choke...nice gun...will be out doing the roost and decoying this week,cant wait lol thnx again guys :)

didn't work out for you then as it's in the for sale section?

I was at a my local syndicate clay shoot today and half were using 20 bores,the winner used a 20b beretta auto.I would be tempted to get a 20bore myself but I shoot well with the A400 so am quite happy.

Hi

I use a 12bore and a 28 bore for pigeon and have never felt at any disadvantage using a 28 on pigeons over decoys. The only problem is the cost of cartridges. I my self do not worry at is moment as I have been getting a god price for my pigeons and it is Covering my cost on cartridges.

The 28 is a sweet gauge to use on pigeons and I love it.

i upgraded from a 28inch to now a 30inch which i prefer as ive always had 30inch barells,much slower swing and more pointable"for me anyway lol....most of my shooting is pigeons but i do shoot pheasant and woodcock.....yes my other gun which is grade 1 is on here forsale as the two guns cost well over 3 grand so need sum funds back and obviously dont need two guns....i love it where i am coz we have wild boar and lots of dear here which my uncle shoots,that is good fun